Recipe Teriyaki Beef or Chicken

JoshPosh

Veteran
Local time
4:38 AM
The-Teriyaki-Chicken-is-a-typical-Japanese.jpg

This dish really reminds me of home. Miss the food. So diverse.

Teriyaki Sauce:
2/3 cup shoyu (Asian soy sauce)
3 to 4 pounds of chicken
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons sherry or white wine
3 clove garlic, minced
1 inch piece ginger, crushed
3 stalks green onion chopped fine
1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice (optional)

Mix all ingredients. Soak chicken 4 hours or overnight in sauce. Bake in shallow pan. Turn pieces over and marinate with sauce. Ten minutes before turning heat off, pour rest of shoyu mixture. Serve with chopped green onions and Chinese parsley. Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour or less depending on how well you like your meat. Medium is best. This is also a great for grilling on the BBQ. Makes about 6 servings.
Teri-Chicken Sticks: A great way to make teriyaki chicken when grilling is to slice the meat into thin strips before marinating. Then put on bamboo skewers and grill for 2-3 minutes per side. The meat comes out tender tasty and is easy to eat right off the stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks amazing. I'm going to have to try it. My family loves teriyaki anything so this will be huge hit. I've been looking for a good teriyaki recipe. This one looks great. I love the idea of putting the meat on bamboo skewers and bbqing. My kids love eating meat on a stick.

This look and sounds amazing. I love Teriyaki Chicken from restaurants but I have never made it myself.
It sounds like it would be easiest enough to make and I know already that it would be a hit with my family.
Just looking at the picture makes me so hungry!

I like everything teriyaki to tell the truth. I'm willing to try anything except maybe fish. It is not something I have cooked a lot of at home, but when I used to travel a lot I would always get some while traveling. I'm out of teriyaki sauce right now having bought too much a long time age ago, all of which went bad on me. I honestly think I have made this with a few variations a few times in the past.

My husband would always order beef teriyaki in the nearby Japanese restaurant in their office. I don't relish teriyaki but what attracts me is the garnishings. Like that in the photo, there is steamed broccoli and carrots. When we buy teriyaki for take home, I would be adding broccoli with my own recipe. The 3 and 1/2 minutes of baking in the microwave oven does the trick. Not to forget the butter, that's buttered broccoli as garnishing for the beef teriyaki that we bought.

I love eating chicken teriyaki compared to beef teriyaki. This dish is awesome! When I saw this picture I miss eating this kind of food. When we are cooking chicken or beef teriyaki at home we are cooking the sauce from scratch and we are not using ready made teriyaki sauce in bottled that is being sold in the grocery or supermarket.

It seems delicious. Personally, I don't eat Teriyaki Chicken that much (I love the Beef Teriyaki), but when I do try it, its usually delicious. Having both at the same time would be great. Because I am in a Japanese family, i am sure that they would love this. It doesn't seem to complicated either, maybe someone as inexperienced as me could do it! seems like a great recipe.

Back
Top Bottom