8:19 AM
Tex-Mex Spice Mix

3 TB. chili powder
3 TB. ground cumin
1 TB. ground black pepper
1 TB salt
1 TB garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper

Combine all ingredients thoroughly ,and store mixture in a sealed container in a cool, dark, dry place up to 3 months. Yield: 8 1/2 TBS.

Note: Try this spice mix in any recipe that calls for chili powder, or sprinkle it on meat for fabulous fajitas.

Source: Southern Living - June 1994

Tex-Mex Spice Mix

3 TB. chili powder
3 TB. ground cumin
1 TB. ground black pepper
1 TB salt
1 TB garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper

Combine all ingredients thoroughly ,and store mixture in a sealed container in a cool, dark, dry place up to 3 months. Yield: 8 1/2 TBS.

Note: Try this spice mix in any recipe that calls for chili powder, or sprinkle it on meat for fabulous fajitas.

Source: Southern Living - June 1994

I'll make this when I get back home.
Thanks

Russ

Usually Cayenne, but I would imagine you could use which ever one you like best.

I've been looking for a simple rub, yours fits the bill! Plus summers not far away,lol.

Russ
It is so hard to get use to the fact that we are so far apart from some of you, here I am feeling so sad that summer is almost over. I hate to see all of these "back to school" ads. I know here in Florida it is almost like summer year round, but we do have our differences. Pretty soon all the "snow birds" (that's what we call the people up north that come down here and live in their condo's for the winter months) will be here and our streets will be crowded again, and everything else. lol

Back
Top Bottom