Thai green curry paste and mussaman curry.

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:20 AM
My daughter makes these up occasionally but she asked me to make some pastes up for her. Mostly everything was here except lemon grass I got this arvo. Smells are amazing. She's calling in tomorrow for tea so she will get it then. Yorky do you have a good mussaman recipe. ? Does anyone else??

Russ

Yorky do you have a good mussaman recipe.

I've never cooked massaman curry although I've eaten it at restaurants. The coconut milk puts me off but I guess you can substitute yoghurt.

I've never cooked massaman curry although I've eaten it at restaurants. The coconut milk puts me off but I guess you can substitute yoghurt.

I've never eaten it as well, but it's my daughters fave. I normally have satays at Thai places. I'll see what she makes of mine.??

Russ

Craig makes the massaman curry paste. He may have it posted someplace. I'll ask when he gets home. He left very early today.

Yes - I've never eaten one either because I'm put off by the coconut milk - I don't like the taste but worse than that I have an intolerance to it and it results in nausea. But as you say, yoghurt could be substituted.

I've also had trouble with using lemongrass which seems to stay stubbornly in stringy inedible bits however much I process them.

Yes - I've never eaten one either because I'm put off by the coconut milk - I don't like the taste but worse than that I have an intolerance to it and it results in nausea. But as you say, yoghurt could be substituted.

I've also had trouble with using lemongrass which seems to stay stubbornly in stringy inedible bits however much I process them.

If we use lemongrass it's either sliced very thinly or pok-poked whole. If the latter it is removed after cooking or left at the side of the plate.

The Indian supermarket I go to, gurujis, when I asked about lemon grass, I was pointed to a freezer,and looked for whole, but I was then pointed to the frozen finely chopped grass. Saves me chopping so I bought it. $3 for about 600gms.

Russ

rascal: I got “660 Curries”, which I believe you recommended, and I gave it a look...but no massaman! At least, it’s not in the index.

Mussaman should be via giggle. The paste I made smelt amazing cooking. My daughter is the litmus test!! I'll post it up if she gives the thumbs up. If it's nil, she'll tell me. She is completely honest.
Too my detriment I'm honest as well, I'll tell the wife if her clothes don't match, or shoes.

Russ

Too my detriment I'm honest as well, I'll tell the wife if her clothes don't match, or shoes.
I'm honest with my wife, too. She'd rather hear an honest opinion and save herself potential embarrassment than see herself in the mirror and come to the same conclusion after it's too late. At that point, she'll say, "Why didn't anyone tell me????" This comes from living together long enough and understanding boundaries.

I won't offer an opinion, mind you: I trust her to know what she's doing (far more than I ever would) when it comes to wardrobe. But, I will answer if she asks.

Final report
Daughter: rang two days ago, gave me the go ahead as real nice, up with best. Wants it for Sunday dinner one night.
Son : I ran into my d.i.l about 3 hrs ago, I asked if they had the curry, she said it was absolutely beautiful, even kids ate it. Only complain my son took most of the sauce and the rest only had a wee bit. Definitely wants more. Good reports for my first attempt.

I'll be making this a lot more. Anyone want the recipe?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom