That's the way the cookie crumbles...

smlewis00

Veteran
Local time
5:48 PM
This afternoon while at the grocery store, there was a huge sale on refrigerated packaged cookie dough! Pillsbury cookie dough was on sale for $1.00 per pack. (Makes two dozen cookies per pack) I also had a coupon for 75 cents off when you buy 2. I bought two packs and only paid $1.25! I was so excited for my bargain! That's 4 dozen cookies for only $1.25! I felt so frugal and smart! I bought two different kinds. I bought sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. I usually do not buy premade dough. I usually make my cookied homemade. However, this was a GREAT deal!
I rushed home, put away all my groceries and started baking cookies. I knew these cookies would be perfect to pack in lunches this next week.
When the first batch finished baking, I offered my husband a cookie and glass of milk. He took one bite, snarled his nose a little and said, "Oh, they aren't YOUR cookies." I asked what he meant?! He was referring to the fact that they weren't homemade.
I felt guilty! I know he likes my homemade cookies better, but I saved so much money by buying premade dough! Not to mention the time it saved me!
Do you ever feel guilty when you serve something to your family that isn't homemade?

Can't say that I have these feelings of guilt.
But I have to agree with you, that was a great bargain: it would have been foolish to disregard it.

Back
Top Bottom