The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Coffee

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:45 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. Our judge is @MypinchofItaly who won the previous challenge has chosen Coffee as the next ingredient (coffee beans, ground coffee or instant coffee).

http---prod.static9.net.au-_-media-Network-Images-2018-04-09-11-26-180409_coach_coffee.jpg

To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring coffee as a new thread, tag it "CookingBites Recipe Challenge" and post a link to it in this thread. The challenge will run for four weeks, ending at 12:00 GMT on 28th February.

Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Last edited:
Nuts, I only drink coffee occasionally, never used it in cooking. Never liked it in cakes or desserts. I'll be interested to see others take on coffee. Tiramisu ? Maybe I'll find a new dessert??

Russ

I entered a challenge on another forum which had this ingredient as a theme. It is surprising how many savoury dishes can be made using coffee. I only hope I can come up with something new in that department as I think most of those recipes I already posted on this forum.

I entered a challenge on another forum which had this ingredient as a theme. It is surprising how many savoury dishes can be made using coffee. I only hope I can come up with something new in that department as I think most of those recipes I already posted on this forum.

Being relatively new here, I havnt seen many coffee desserts. I may have missed though. I'm not big on desserts but my family and friends are.

Russ

Mg, I had a look, absolutely amazing. It must be a man thing but I don't have that much patience to make that. Never ever. Is it a woman thing with so many details?? I would love to try your plate of scallops, complicated scallops.

Russ

Thank you - its a chefy thing I think rather than a woman thing. I'm just pretentious and obsessive.

I am too, but I'd never spend that much time on anything. I'm more of a 30 min cook, but do spend some time on things. For example I will spend 10 hours prepping and cooking but something quite simple for me like pig on the spit or a honky hangi. But those I don't do every year. I can cook a good meal in 20 mins.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom