The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Olives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:37 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge ingredient is olives and CraigC is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe containing olives as a new thread, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

Deadline: 12.00 midday on Saturday 18th April (GMT +1). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Somebody make something with castelvetrano olives. They are great! They make good nibbles with small Parm R pieces.

I have Kalamata olives, Queen olives (for martinis) and Biscotti Olive Mix
Don't know if I have the energy to come up with a plan.

My good friend dafyd buys olives by the gallon jar. I absolutely hate with a vengeance the sight of them. I've never bought one!! I won't be in the competition.

Russ

I think the only food item to include olives in our house is pizza. This one with bacon and black olives.

Olives are kinda hard to get for me at the moment, I only cut up five olives in thin strips for my pasta dish yesterday. They come from a pack of fresh olives that has lasted me two weeks already by being frugal with them .

So I will have to see if I can partake in this.

I guess its bound to be the case that we get less participation given lockdown whatever ingredient is chosen.

Yorky - maybe its time to try something new? For example, there are many possibilities for other dishes which use similar ingredients to those you use on your pizza. You're a great cook! And don't say you're too old to experiment or try new things! :D

rascal - I know some people don't like them. I sometimes wonder if they have ever tasted really good olives. Olives can vary enormously in taste from mild and fruity to salty and tangy and almost bitter. There are a few things I can't eat because of an intolerance. Mayonnaise is one. But I still make mayonnaise and serve it up for those that like it. It so happens that I love olives, but even if I hated them I'd still make dishes for other people who liked them. Never say never!

I do not have enough so I enter, I used make Olive Pate years ago. Think may have in file still.
Sarana x

You can enter your recipe for the challenge as long as it hasn't been posted here before. Maybe if you don't have enough olives, I can make it and photograph it, so that you have a photo too. It depends what else is in it and whether I have those ingredients. I have plenty of black olives!

You can enter your recipe for the challenge as long as it hasn't been posted here before. Maybe if you don't have enough olives, I can make it and photograph it, so that you have a photo too. It depends what else is in it and whether I have those ingredients. I have plenty of black olives!
Grazie MG I see if I can find.

Sarana x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom