8:01 AM
Lemony Chicken
lemon_d.jpg

FowlersFreeTime

Local time
1:01 AM
Website
www.fowlersfreetime.com
Coq Au Vin Blanc -- Recipe link as soon as I go through my notes and write up a recipe.

I'm not crazy about cooking with red wines, so this is how I make Coq Au Vin. I just learned it has a name, Coq Au Vin Blanc.

View attachment 72963

CD
That looks exceptional sir!
The last time I tried to make Coq Au Vin, I was in college and tried to impress a girlfriend... It all went to hell when I used a cheap red wine and lets just say that "purple chicken" as she called it, is a dish that has traumatized me and will not be repeated :oops:

Mountain Cat

Veteran
Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
Website
goatsandgreens.wordpress.com
With luck, the turkey thigh recipe will be posted today.

I will be cooking the Greek drumstick recipe today - I have all the ingredients, and the drums are thawed, so why not? Because of the posting aggravation with the turkey one, I won't be doing the duck. Tomorrow I'm not home, so not enough time. TBH, I hadn't gotten a full recipe planned for that. Notions are not really enough...

There was a full-rooster sous vide recipe planned, but for reasons not relevant to this site at all, it didn't happen. I DO finally have that technique down for a rooster, but I want to fine-tune actual spices and seasonings that would go with it. Some day, just not for a challenge!

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
12:01 AM
I've been slammed with work and it's not over. I'll be hard pressed to judge when it's time. Lots of lovely recipes here, everyone!
JAS_OH1 Would you be willing to extend the deadline by a couple of days? Like you I have been slammed with life. Dr.'s appointments for both of us and extended family obligations.
Thanks,
Elizabeth

JAS_OH1

Veteran
Local time
JAS_OH1 Would you be willing to extend the deadline by a couple of days? Like you I have been slammed with life. Dr.'s appointments for both of us and extended family obligations.
Thanks,
Elizabeth
I'm sorry, if I extend the deadline it would have to be next Saturday or Sunday before I could get to judging. Today is my first day off in quite awhile. I have a light day of work tomorrow afternoon but then I am slammed up until next weekend. If MG says it's okay to extend until 10/23 or 10/24, I am fine with it, but that is a rather long extension.

Top Bottom