The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Turmeric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:44 AM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge ingredient is Turmeric (fresh or dried) and murphyscreek is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe using turmeric (as a new thread), tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

Deadline: 12.00 midday Sunday 27th December, UK time (GMT). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Last edited:
I've got a turmeric dish i made up, it's good but it's a side dish and nothing outstanding. I'll probably pass on this challenge. Good luck everyone!

Side dishes are as welcome as mains. As are drinks, soups, starters, desserts etc.
I have a drink I make fairly regularly but it's so standard. Delicious but very well-known and I don't think I could offer anything more inventive to make it more interesting.

Another problem I have is my husband hates turmeric, so I can't make anything on a larger scale. I make an awesome chicken turmeric soup that I adore but I always have to wait until the end to add the turmeric to my bowl only and can never add it to the pot because he hates it so much. It will be fun living vicariously through others who enter the challenge!

Time to do some on-line research! :okay:

OK. OK. I did some snooping and I thought about adjusting some other recipe ideas I had been kicking around to use Tumeric. That gives me about 5 possible recipes. I am quite stupefied that I was able to get the ingredient lists ready for all five and that they all, for the most part, will be somewhat unique. Thanks for the kick.

I have a drink I make fairly regularly but it's so standard. Delicious but very well-known and I don't think I could offer anything more inventive to make it more interesting.

Another problem I have is my husband hates turmeric, so I can't make anything on a larger scale. I make an awesome chicken turmeric soup that I adore but I always have to wait until the end to add the turmeric to my bowl only and can never add it to the pot because he hates it so much. It will be fun living vicariously through others who enter the challenge!

Please post your soup recipe with Turmeric. I love soup and I want to try Turmeric for my advanced osteoarthritis. I saw a bunch of recipes online but I prefer tried-n-true from people that love cooking as much as I do. Pretty please? 🙃

P.S. I don't know if we're supposed to be posting about this on this thread. Yikes.

Please post your soup recipe with Turmeric. I love soup and I want to try Turmeric for my advanced osteoarthritis. I saw a bunch of recipes online but I prefer tried-n-true from people that love cooking as much as I do. Pretty please? 🙃

P.S. I don't know if we're supposed to be posting about this on this thread. Yikes.
Yes, I will do that. I actually was a sales rep for a nutritional company that had Turmeric products in it's line and I have several that I like quite well and my customers enjoyed greatly. Food is the best way for Turmeric to be presented, don't you think? Pills and capsules are boring. It's also well known that pepperspice and fats help the Turmeric absorb better into your system.

I will post them as recipes and link them to the challenge, even though I don't expect any of them to win. Who knows, maybe along the way I will come up with something unique that I could post as a serious entry!

Yes, I will do that. I actually was a sales rep for a nutritional company that had Turmeric products in it's line and I have several that I like quite well and my customers enjoyed greatly. Food is the best way for Turmeric to be presented, don't you think? Pills and capsules are boring. It's also well known that pepperspice and fats help the Turmeric absorb better into your system.

I will post them as recipes and link them to the challenge, even though I don't expect any of them to win. Who knows, maybe along the way I will come up with something unique that I could post as a serious entry!

That's awesome. I'm sure your entries will be wonderful. I cannot wait to see them. Thanks!

That's awesome. I'm sure your entries will be wonderful. I cannot wait to see them. Thanks!
Seriously, it's just chicken soup. If you want to just add some turmeric to chicken soup that would be a good start. It's good.

Ironically, that's what I made for dinner tonight. I took photos and will post the recipe tomorrow.

Last edited:
Coronation Chicken with homemade bread maker Mango chutney including Turmeric. Cold "Bombay" style potatoes including Turmeric, Shredded red cabbage excluding turmeric
1607061027858.png
Recipe - Coronation Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom