The CookingBites recipe challenge: Yoghurt

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:30 AM
Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is plain yoghurt* and SatNavSaysStraightOn is judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe** which uses plain yoghurt, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

You may post up to 6 entries. Deadline: midnight Wednesday 20th April (GMT+1). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

*Any plain plant based yoghurt (soy, coconut, oat, almond, cashew to name a few) or any plain dairy yoghurt (sheep, goats or cows being the most common).
** Recipes must be posted within the time frame of the current challenge.

Excellent choice, because I don’t use it enough, but I’d like to get in the habit of cooking with it.

I’ve used it in dressings and marinades, I think I used it in bread once, and of course to eat on its own, with stuff mixed in.

Looking forward to this!

I agree. I use it a lot and I mean a lot. Lately I've been using kefir yoghurt and I'm trusting that counts. The flavour is wonderful and its now easily available in UK supermarkets.
We can count that, but please bare in mind I have no idea what it tastes like because there simply isn't a dairy free alternative even homemade. *see note

I'm just not taking flavoured yoghurt as a starting point, but they're is nothing stopping someone from including an extra step to make their own vanilla yoghurt if they so wish.

*I've just checked and there is now a dairy free plain coconut kefir yoghurt... :hyper: But again, i have no idea on a taste comparison.

Excellent choice, because I don’t use it enough, but I’d like to get in the habit of cooking with it.

I’ve used it in dressings and marinades, I think I used it in bread once, and of course to eat on its own, with stuff mixed in.

Looking forward to this!

Well I choose it because it can be used for any meal, breakfast, lunch or evening meal and from starter through to desserts as well as drinks, marinades and dressing. And there is such a fantastic range of non-dairy alternatives and soy yoghurt is almost completely interchangeable with dairy yoghurt. I just don't know about it's proofing ability in naan and other such recipes where it's being used for raising.

Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is plain yoghurt* and SatNavSaysStraightOn is judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe** which uses plain yoghurt, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

You may post up to 6 entries. Deadline: midnight Wednesday 20th April (GMT+1). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

*Any plain plant based yoghurt (soy, coconut, oat, almond, cashew to name a few) or any plain dairy yoghurt (sheep, goats or cows being the most common).
** Recipes must be posted within the time frame of the current challenge.
I have a recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think I want to participate in the competition. I am so excited.
it is the most simplest recipe in the kitchen. All you need Is some beet root and plain yogurt.
first you need to boil the beet root in some water than you need to grate it after it is cooled then add a few tablespoons of plain yogurt or curd in it than stir it and add a pinch 🤏 of salt and a sprinkle of coriander. tada! It is a very simple and quick recipe, you can use it as a dip with nachos or crackers and chips / or instead use It as a spread In sandwiches.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think I want to participate in the competition. I am so excited.
it is the most simplest recipe in the kitchen. All you need Is some beet root and plain yogurt.
first you need to boil the beet root in some water than you need to grate it after it is cooled then add a few tablespoons of plain yogurt or curd in it than stir it and add a pinch 🤏 of salt and a sprinkle of coriander. tada! It is a very simple and quick recipe, you can use it as a dip with nachos or crackers and chips / or instead use It as a spread In sandwiches.
Hi

In order to enter, you need to follow the rules which can be found here... The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Rules and list of previous winners and ingredients

The recipe must be written up as a separate thread that it exists in its own right and won't get lost over time in this thread.
Guidelines on how to do this can be found here Rules for Uploading Recipes . Once the recipe is written up on its own thread, tags added, you can then put a link to it here.

The best advice I can give us to copy the style and format that everyone else has used, including the use of bold, capital letters and standardised colour and font.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken Tandoori on the Grill

I will note I've tried making this in the oven - wasn't able to get the oven hot enough to satisfy my taste buds. (Maybe a good smoke-detector annoyance on broil?)

tandoori-marinating.jpg

Tandoori chicken marinating

Back
Top Bottom