The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My commutes over the years have ranged from five minutes to two hours each way. If I had to average them all out, I'd say it'd be about an hour, which is what my current commute is when there are no other issues.

Personally, I've never liked living too close to my office. I like having some time to decompress on the drive home, and 30 minutes would be ideal.

Right now, working from home where my commute is to the sofa and I can sit in my underpants if I choose to, I do find it annoying to have virtually no separation between the house and the job. My work laptop is always sitting out, for example, which has inspired me to go post in The Good Ol' Days...:whistling:
The last job I had was 1 hr away from home. That went on for 4 years. Then we moved close to my job, they bought out another company, wanted to transfer me to Texas, that was the end of that job. And that is how we wound up living in Boca. lol

Maplin's Holiday Camp?

Hi-de-hi!

:laugh:
We've never stayed in one of those classic British seaside hotels, but we'd love to. It's on our list!

Premiere Inn. So its not a classic old fashioned hotel. There are very few of those left. I'll post some holiday pics later on the the photos thread.

I have spent much of my working life working away from home. However, I have always attempted to, and usually succeeded in, getting digs within a few minutes drive from my place of work.

Yeah I've only ever been 5 to 15 mins at most when working. And that's over 45 years.

Russ

We saw a report from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) about baby names in England and Wales in 2018. The ONS has a trove of weird and wonderful data and we were somewhat amused that the most popular male name was Oliver and the most popular female Olivia. Have people been eating a lot of olives?

Had a fab afternoon with family celebrating my dad's 80th birthday, it was on Thursday but we could only get together today. We had afternoon tea at our local pub because dad isn't all that fussed about parties.

20190831_142618.jpg

Happy Birthday Dad - Good looking young man there. Before I read your post, I thought he was a famous celebrity.

I don't often post about my health - but right now its in the forefront of my mind. By that, I mean itching. I think I probably have shingles. Its all over the place and itching madly. Off to the docs tomorrow! That is, if I can get an emergency appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom