The General Chat Thread (2024)

The flea/tick med for our pugs is chewable and looks and smells beefy. Arwen gobbles it down. Strider not so much. I have to rub it on the Beggin Strips they get for treats before he will eat it.

The flea/tick med we used, beef-flavored chewable, Kate had no problem with that. Other pills required various bits of disguise.

The only one she completely balked at was the tramadol. You wouldn’t believe the extent we went to to get that down her, to no avail. The vet somewhat chewed me out for not being able to get her to take it, and she had me bring her in to demonstrate the “pinch the lip against the teeth” method (which I’d already tried multiple times), and when she tried it with that pill, Kate promptly bit her.

I’m not normally in favor of dogs biting anyone, but that instance…I was definitely looking at her with a “serves you right” expression, and that’s when the vet took her off tramadol and put her on gabapentin. :laugh:

Even if it's not covered under warranty, don't know how old your blender is and if you registered it with them etc, that part isn't expensive.

This is the Aussie link, you'll be able to get something similar but here is under AU$50 for the part. That's about US$35/CA$44.

Vitamix Drive Socket Kit (Genuine)
Thanks SatNavSaysStraightOn!

We checked and the machine is less than 10 years old and therefore still under warranty. Husband emailed the Vitamix service, so we’ll see what they say. I am hoping that they can just send us the part and it’s easy to swap out so we can get it working again. I want my blender back!

Happy Lunar new year! 2024 is the year of the Dragon 🐉❤️🐉
FB_IMG_1707595689346.jpg
FB_IMG_1707562648663.jpg

I'm glad the flea/tryps tablets for my dogs smell like gravy. My dogs love them.
The deworming ones get stuffed inside a bit of ground meat and gobbled without an issue

The flea/tick med for our pugs is chewable and looks and smells beefy. Arwen gobbles it down. Strider not so much. I have to rub it on the Beggin Strips they get for treats before he will eat it.

Mine was a single chewable tablet. I'm very happy to say the dog snaffled it up, because it cost me $50. :hyper: :hyper:

The flea/tick med we used, beef-flavored chewable, Kate had no problem with that. Other pills required various bits of disguise.

The only one she completely balked at was the tramadol. You wouldn’t believe the extent we went to to get that down her, to no avail. The vet somewhat chewed me out for not being able to get her to take it, and she had me bring her in to demonstrate the “pinch the lip against the teeth” method (which I’d already tried multiple times), and when she tried it with that pill, Kate promptly bit her.

I’m not normally in favor of dogs biting anyone, but that instance…I was definitely looking at her with a “serves you right” expression, and that’s when the vet took her off tramadol and put her on gabapentin. :laugh:

Chicken worming tablets are about the size of their throat. Giving dogs tablets is easy compared to chickens. Imagine trying to get a dog to swallow a snooker ball and you've got the dimensions about the same on relation to their throats. Now give them between 6 and 10 each...

Back
Top Bottom