The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am meeting 3 friends from high school for a walk by the river today. Should be a nice time spent.

Sounds great. I had my 40-year high school reunion in 2019. It was a blast to see my old friends. To this day, my best friend in the world is a friend from high school. We have talked on the phone for over two hours many times. We just start talking, and never want to stop.

Enjoy that time with your old friends.

CD

Sounds great. I had my 40-year high school reunion in 2019. It was a blast to see my old friends. To this day, my best friend in the world is a friend from high school. We have talked on the phone for over two hours many times. We just start talking, and never want to stop.

Enjoy that time with your old friends.

CD
Thank you. I am rather close to one of them,although we can't meet that often. But we have a wapp group for 2 years now, and we can sort of keep updatd or at least make it easy to meet up.
We had a 20 y (i think)grad follow up meet up several years ago in a nice restaurant. That was really a great evening. So nice to see the grown up versions of all of them, or most, those who could come.

Power is out for the third time today, due to a car accident earlier, while they make repairs.

The first time, it was out just a few minutes, the second time, for three hours, and we'll see how long this one takes. I was just about to make a cup of tea. 😒

Power is out for the third time today, due to a car accident earlier, while they make repairs.

The first time, it was out just a few minutes, the second time, for three hours, and we'll see how long this one takes. I was just about to make a cup of tea. 😒
This is where our camping stove (a Swedish Trangia) that runs off gas (as well as petrol, meths, and anything else then can burn,) comes in so useful.
When we had the house fire at the start of August despite the obvious electricity being turned off by the Rural fire Service, We were still able to make hot drinks for everyone. The number of times It has been used in the kitchen sink can't be counted! (Mind you we've also used it in showers and on a few verandas as well!)

My parents' last 2 holidays out of the UK...
Australia Feb 2020...due home 3rd April actually get home Mid August 2020.
Canary Islands Spain, left August 2021... due home 3rd October. luckily the volcano (la Palma) is one island away but it has the potential to cause problems with flights... we've got 2 weeks to find out (and my sister & partner fly out this Sunday as well....) at least my mother has now found something else to worry about...:facepalm::facepalm:

If they do decide on a 3rd holiday abroad, I'll try to give you all advance warning so you know where not to be and when not to be...

UGH, going to the dentist today. I never have much problems with them, but I just hate it since I had a few infected molars needing removal which went majorly wrong.
That on top of my medical PTSD related to other things makes every dentist visit a stressful event.

UGH, going to the dentist today. I never have much problems with them, but I just hate it since I had a few infected molars needing removal which went majorly wrong.
That on top of my medical PTSD related to other things makes every dentist visit a stressful event.
I'm with you. I never minded going to the dentist at all until a couple of things happened, now I dread it.

That said, I still go every six months for my scraping and polishing...until the pandemic. I think it's been close to two years since I've last been, and it's on my list to get scheduled, but I'm really dragging my feet on it.

I'm with you. I never minded going to the dentist at all until a couple of things happened, now I dread it.

When I was 13 years old I had an accident on my bogie. Chipped two of my front teeth. At 14 I went to the Dental School in Leeds every two weeks to have them replaced with crowns. Following various complications I was finally fitted with crowns around two years later.

One of the crowns broke some 30 years later and, considering my forthcoming transfer to South East Asia, I had two replacement crowns fitted and a full service on the rest of my choppers.

I've not been to a dentist since.

That said, I still go every six months for my scraping and polishing...until the pandemic. I think it's been close to two years since I've last been, and it's on my list to get scheduled, but I'm really dragging my feet on it.
:hug:
It took us 1 1/2 years too to go for this appointment, due to my asthma giving me too many boxes to tick regarding covid and not being allowed to go when out of breath or coughing etc (I have cough variant asthma).

I was complimented that my teeth looked good for an asthma patient, I just need to get a minor cavity filled (which I could not even feel when she touched it) and I have some irritated gums due to the asthma meds so I have to go for a scrubbery which I hate due to one exposed tooth. But she's going to put a barrier on that exposed tooth, which supposedly should make it non painful. I really like this dentist.
I'm just not looking forward to the placing of the barrier on my exposed tooth.

When I was 13 years old I had an accident on my bogie. Chipped two of my front teeth. At 14 I went to the Dental School in Leeds every two weeks to have them replaced with crowns. Following various complications I was finally fitted with crowns around two years later.

One of the crowns broke some 30 years later and, considering my forthcoming transfer to South East Asia, I had two replacement crowns fitted and a full service on the rest of my choppers.

I've not been to a dentist since.
And no dental problems either? This sounds awful but you're a lucky one if you were able to go without one for 30 years. I once skipped for 5 years and that cost me a molar.

I don't particularly care for my current dentist, definitely put off by the hygienist, and I didn't like my previous dentist.

The previous one, he and his wife bought out the practice, and all they seemed to care about was selling expensive whitening and straightening procedures. The final straw came when, during my exam after a scraping, he didn't even examine me, just asked how things were and if I had any questions and sent me on my way.

My current dentist...he's just not quite right, I think, seems to get a kick out of it when the Novocain hasn't quite taken effect and you're in some discomfort ("I'll bet that hurt, huh?! 😆").

On top of that, his hygienist is a whackadoodle conspiracy-theorist, and not just political/govt conspiracies, but medical, science, aliens, celebrities, gardening, grocery shopping...you name it, she's got a psycho conspiracy theory about it, and she's more than happy to tell you all about it while you're lying there trapped.

I don't particularly care for my current dentist, definitely put off by the hygienist, and I didn't like my previous dentist.

The previous one, he and his wife bought out the practice, and all they seemed to care about was selling expensive whitening and straightening procedures. The final straw came when, during my exam after a scraping, he didn't even examine me, just asked how things were and if I had any questions and sent me on my way.

My current dentist...he's just not quite right, I think, seems to get a kick out of it when the Novocain hasn't quite taken effect and you're in some discomfort ("I'll bet that hurt, huh?! 😆").

On top of that, his hygienist is a whackadoodle conspiracy-theorist, and not just political/govt conspiracies, but medical, science, aliens, celebrities, gardening, grocery shopping...you name it, she's got a psycho conspiracy theory about it, and she's more than happy to tell you all about it while you're lying there trapped.

I'd say find a new dentist.

I haven't gone during the pandemic. It just seemed like a bad idea to sit in a chair with my mouth wide open while people I barely know lean over me and mass around in my mouth.

My last cavity was in about 1971. I had my wisdom teeth removed around 1982, but I was gassed, and not feeling any pain.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom