The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
took us 1 1/2 years too to go for this appointment, due to my asthma giving me too many boxes to tick regarding covid and not being allowed to go when out of breath or coughing etc (I have cough variant asthma)
I know that one all too well. It's a pain isn't it.

I now answer with the set answer "nothing that's not normal for me". Medical people understand, the rest of the world just think I'm awkward or trying to be difficult but when your asthma attacks include you coughing until you throw up or pass out, and you cough all the time anyway, it's normal. In fact me not coughing is more to worry about! I also nebulise with 6% saline every evening to actually make me cough and help keep my lungs clear of crap . It looks like I may need to restart lung physio lung help clear my lungs at the moment.

But she's going to put a barrier on that exposed tooth, which supposedly should make it non painful. I really like this dentist.
I've had something similar in place for 12 years. Mine was because of exposed roots, so they did what they call a root filling. It's not a filling in the conventional sense but a cover for the exposed root to stop it hurting. It works really well.

So I'm currently sitting outside of emergency...

As you can see, it's sunny but it was very cold this morning... right now though, if the wind doesn't blow to much it's OK in the shade with a long sleeved t shirt. I've got a coat if needed but...

It wasn't the plan for today but an accident with some hot oil last night left my arm looking like this this morning
The red area is an minor burn that's weeping. Skin broken and so on.. what everything else is no one is quite sure but they've settled on the theory of swelling... If the oil had burnt that area then it would be red as well but given that a 10×10cm dressing only just covered the extent of the swelling/blisters (?) we decided to play safe and visit emergency.

I've now got a coffee and flapjack style biscuit that's dairy free but so heavy on calories it is ridiculous (nearly 400kcals!) and I'm waiting for hubby to come and collect me. He had to leave because only 1 person allowed in ED unless your accompanying a child, and he needed his 2nd AZ jab today as well, so went to get it whilst I was seen to. I think he's quietly rather annoyed with me actually but I wasn't happy with the swelling/blisters and if I could actually apply anything over them.

So I've a burns dressing on it, can't get it wet and just got to keep an eye on it. If it changes, then I've got to go back...

On the bright side, the ratatouille I made was excellent, I cooked some sweet potatoes and pumpkins by frying then covering to allow them to stream in their own juices. We served the ratatouille over the sweet potatoes and pumpkin chunks.

Last edited:
So I'm currently sitting outside of emergency...
View attachment 71640
As you can see, it's sunny but it was very cold this morning... right now though, if the wind doesn't blow to much it's OK in the shade with a long sleeved t shirt. I've got a coat if needed but...

It wasn't the plan for today but an accident with some hot oil last night left my arm looking like this this morning
The red area is an minor burn that's weeping. Skin broken and so on.. what everything else is no one is quite sure but they've settled on the theory of swelling... If the oil had burnt that area then it would be red as well but given that a 10×10cm dressing only just covered the extent of the swelling/blisters (?) we decided to play safe and visit emergency.

I've now got a coffee and flapjack style biscuit that's dairy free but so heavy on calories it is ridiculous (nearly 400kcals!) and I'm waiting for hubby to come and collect me. He had to leave because only 1 person allowed in ED unless your accompanying a child, and he needed his 2nd AZ jab today as well, so went to get it whilst I was seen to. I think he's quietly rather annoyed with me actually but I wasn't happy with the swelling/blisters and if I could actually apply anything over them.

So I've a burns dressing on it, can't get it wet and just got to keep an eye on it. If it changes, then I've got to go back...

On the bright side, the ratatouille I made was excellent, I cooked some sweet potatoes and pumpkins by frying then covering to allow them to stream in their own juices. We served the ratatouille over the sweet potatoes and pumpkin chunks.
Aww that shuvks :hug: I had a similar burn on my tummy from draining pasta two years ago. Quite painful but healed well! Hope it is the same for you

Glad your food turned out well

I've had something similar in place for 12 years. Mine was because of exposed roots, so they did what they call a root filling. It's not a filling in the conventional sense but a cover for the exposed root to stop it hurting. It works really well.
Yes, thats exactly what she called it. Glad to hear it works!

This morning I got one of those dreaded sms...my Mom got her back clinched real bad, had to go over. Went to fetch the nurse from her Gp, to give her a pain relief shot at home.
Mom said she could not walk to the Gp, 50 m away, And I believe her.

On wednesday we got further teeth work on her done. Next due next Wed but I doubt she will manage to walk and sit and tilt her head.

So happy weekend starts tmrrow.

This morning I got one of those dreaded sms...my Mom got her back clinched real bad, had to go over. Went to fetch the nurse from her Gp, to give her a pain relief shot at home.
Mom said she could not walk to the Gp, 50 m away, And I believe her.

On wednesday we got further teeth work on her done. Next due next Wed but I doubt she will manage to walk and sit and tilt her head.

So happy weekend starts tmrrow.
I hope your mom is doing better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom