The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pub in a few hours, daughter rang and asked if I could have her son as she has a meeting and he will have tea here. She will drop to the pub later, he will have raspberry n coke and fries . He loves sitting in the tab. (Bar with betting facilities attached) he picks a number and we watch it race.
Bar staff make a fuss of him as well, he’s very outgoing and confident.

Russ

I was in the Rub-a-Dub this afternoon.

The owner/chef was stir frying chillies in a very large wok.

Even the Thai customers were having difficulty breathing and the bar is open sided!

The newest hairy bikers cookbook ' Every day winners' is based on sent in member recipes that they gave a twist. They also mentioned names of those who contributed at random in the cover
I am glad to mention they adapted my goat's cheese salad recipe and also mentioned me in the cover names list! So chuffed :hyper:

I'm not posting the recipe to be sure of not violating any copyright

I am in this list somewhere

The newest hairy bikers cookbook ' Every day winners' is based on sent in member recipes that they gave a twist. They also mentioned names of those who contributed at random in the cover
I am glad to mention they adapted my goat's cheese salad recipe and also mentioned me in the cover names list! So chuffed :hyper:
View attachment 73262
I'm not posting the recipe to be sure of not violating any copyright
View attachment 73263
I am in this list somewhere
That's so cool! We'll see you riding along in a sidecar soon, eh? :)

I met them when they came to Canterbury to do a live gig. I like them too. They are really tall! You can't necessarily tell that on TV.

I see there’s a movie based on Julia child’s, coming out?

Russ

Note to caseydog i inserted the comma after child’s, lol, didn’t want you to see it as her, coming out. (Gay)
:). :)

They're talking about a discharge date! Still looking at the end of *next* week mind you but that's still this month. :dance::dance::dance:. Yeah. Three are probably 3 too many right now but I was given the go ahead this afternoon to start using my crutches.
Progress is good, pain meds skyhigh but working and I haven't needed my full "allowance" today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry - I knew that. I was being sloppy. I don't use either as I find them so irritating. One thing I've recently discovered (don't know why it took me so long) is using 'speech to text' when writing text messages on the mobile phone (click on the little microphone symbol in the message toolbar). Its not 100% accurate but its really not bad at all. Its faster and saves typing with fiddly phone buttons.

I do not talk to my phone, or computer, or car.
I have cut the speaker wires on computers and cars that refused to comply with my demand they shut up.

I use a dash cowl mount for my cell phone to provide an 'almost' heads-up display for GPS. not even the billion dollar high end car models provide a heads-up GPS display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom