The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the storm has arrived. if you don't here from me for a while, we'll be busy hiding under the bed clothes waiting for warmer weather . we're due what Alice Springs had a few days ago +100mm of rain in less than 24hrs.

we're only due around the 80mm mark but given how wrong they've been recently with what's predicted and we've received (10-20mm verses 42.1mm) we're expecting to get very, very wet.

no more physio walks outside for today, tomorrow and?

We had a cool front roll through a few hours ago. Pretty significant storms -- heavy rains, high winds and some small hail. Nothing damaging in my neighborhood. Lots of thunder and lightning.

CD

Okay, that went well for the most part. I get along with everyone, I could do almost all required of me. I just have one hurdle: I can't fill the lower oven racks due to my hernia.

The manager I spoke to after was clear: he is willing to hire me despite that one limitation, but HIS boss makes the final decision in a meeting this afternoon.

They will let me know this afternoon. I really hope I get it, it was fun!

the storm has arrived. if you don't here from me for a while, we'll be busy hiding under the bed clothes waiting for warmer weather . we're due what Alice Springs had a few days ago +100mm of rain in less than 24hrs.

we're only due around the 80mm mark but given how wrong they've been recently with what's predicted and we've received (10-20mm verses 42.1mm) we're expecting to get very, very wet.

no more physio walks outside for today, tomorrow and?
I hope you'll be OK, fingers crossed!

We had a cool front roll through a few hours ago. Pretty significant storms -- heavy rains, high winds and some small hail. Nothing damaging in my neighborhood. Lots of thunder and lightning.

CD

It has been chilly here for a couple of nights. Dropped below 20°C!

Like you spend your young years being wild and free and at a certain age you become tired and start doing "old people stuff" li

Really? Nobody told me that and I'm 70 in a few weeks time. As for hair I think it depends what colours suit your complexion, eye colour etc. Some people look stunning with grey hair. Others like me, dye it. Mine has been bright red for decades. At the moment its grown very long.

We are about to head off to our first music gig since March 2020. Public Service Broadcasting at Rock City Nottingham. So excited to be back in a sweaty crowd again.

I hope you have a great night (though personally I wouldn't take the risk). But you are both younger than me so its different. Enjoy!
Okay, that went well for the most part. I get along with everyone, I could do almost all required of me. I just have one hurdle: I can't fill the lower oven racks due to my hernia.

The manager I spoke to after was clear: he is willing to hire me despite that one limitation, but HIS boss makes the final decision in a meeting this afternoon.

They will let me know this afternoon. I really hope I get it, it was fun!

Fingers crossed for you.

They said they would call at the end of the afternoon or beginning of the evening, it's 18.10 here now so I am not sure if this still counts as the beginning of the evening. I guess I'll know tomorrow then.
If not, I'd be pretty miffed because that's just rude. Let's hope they'll keep their word.

Oh what a day,what a yesterday.
My boyfriend's brother ended up in Er with severe stomach pain. Has biwel inflammation and is due for colonoscopy. My boyfriend had an anxiety setback around it.
Today, the state seized the money on my account. Without prior notificstion. I was in shock. Apoarently some health and other taxes due from 2018, that I knew nothing of. So how come I was not invited to pay prior?
I have never not paid taxes or bills,so it feels awful.
Then,again, electricity bills came in 6x higher to be paid from Dec on...how and why?

Yet to untagle.

Quite stressed out.

Dad's op due in 14 days.

It is mad. Trying not to get crazy mad.

Will probably not be much around.

I collected photos of food cooked but have no energy to post. Later.

That sounds awful. It's terrible how things seem to pile one after another sometimes. It's similar here right now. Every time my phone dings, it's to find out what bad thing has just happened to a family member.

Just take a deep breath and let it out when you need to, then put your head down and get on with what needs to be done. We'll be here when things calm down for you. :)

My boyfriend's brother ended up in Er with severe stomach pain. Has biwel inflammation and is due for colonoscopy. My boyfriend had an anxiety setback around it.
Today, the state seized the money on my account. Without prior notificstion. I was in shock. Apoarently some health and other taxes due from 2018, that I knew nothing of. So how come I was not invited to pay prior?
Then,again, electricity bills came in 6x higher to be paid from Dec on...how and why?

Yet to untagle.

Quite stressed out.

Dad's op due in 14 days.

Oh my! So sorry. This all sounds so difficult. Financial worries are very draining and difficult. I hope your boyfriend is OK.

Oh my! So sorry. This all sounds so difficult. Financial worries are very draining and difficult. I hope your boyfriend is OK.
It is,it is. My account is blocked as well as my credit card,which is our lifeline for groceries. I need to check with the post why did I not receive a warnung letter. And with the Tax, why was I not invited to pay? Of course I would pay. This is insane.
He is functioning and struggling. We have to manage somehow.

That sounds awful. It's terrible how things seem to pile one after another sometimes. It's similar here right now. Every time my phone dings, it's to find out what bad thing has just happened to a family member.

Just take a deep breath and let it out when you need to, then put your head down and get on with what needs to be done. We'll be here when things calm down for you. :)
It is beyond words. And I keep hearing similar things happen without notification to other people too. Scary planet from a sci fi.
I am sorry you have to hear bad news from your family. Hope you handle it well and they get on eith it as easy as it gets.
Thank you.

Found my first grey hair today. I'm late to the party as I'm 30 and most people my age already have their first grey hairs. I've always dreaded the idea of becoming old (not the idea of dying though) and often wondered how would I feel as I become older. Now it's finally happening :laugh:
You're a spring chicken compared to me. Dont let it worry you.

Russ

Yet to untagle.

Quite stressed out.

Dad's op due in 14 days.

Hope it will get sorted soon. Sorry to hear you're struggling :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom