The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh what a day,what a yesterday.
My boyfriend's brother ended up in Er with severe stomach pain. Has biwel inflammation and is due for colonoscopy. My boyfriend had an anxiety setback around it.
Today, the state seized the money on my account. Without prior notificstion. I was in shock. Apoarently some health and other taxes due from 2018, that I knew nothing of. So how come I was not invited to pay prior?
I have never not paid taxes or bills,so it feels awful.
Then,again, electricity bills came in 6x higher to be paid from Dec on...how and why?

Yet to untagle.

Quite stressed out.

Dad's op due in 14 days.

It is mad. Trying not to get crazy mad.

Will probably not be much around.

I collected photos of food cooked but have no energy to post. Later.
I'm sorry for the troubles in your life, Timenspace.

I've been busy with studies, real estate matters etc. I'll finally graduate in December. There hasn't been much time (or strength) to cook or visit this site.

They said they would call at the end of the afternoon or beginning of the evening, it's 18.10 here now so I am not sure if this still counts as the beginning of the evening. I guess I'll know tomorrow then.
If not, I'd be pretty miffed because that's just rude. Let's hope they'll keep their word.
Have they contacted you? I really hope you get the job.

68mm of rain so far. the road had already been washed away by 9am this morning, and once that had been negotiated (usefulness of a 4wd) there were 3 fallen trees to clear, some more flooding and a vehicle problem (we were in hubby's vehicle not my 4x4 which I'd wanted to take but would have been very difficult to park where we were going to) that meant we couldn't exceed 80kph a 75 minute journey became 105 minutes instead. we'd factored the flooding, road issues and trees in, just not the 80kph limit for the entire journey. we arrived with a minute to spare, hubby literally dropping me off dropping then going to park... luckily they were running late.

coming home was equally difficult with the SES being out closing roads left, right and straight on... back being the only direction left to go... 1 bad road accident and much much more flooding and many more trees down...

it was a long day out as in the name of getting my Neuro stimulator adjustable remotely. I was the 4th patient in ACT and in the first 20 in Australia to be connected up remotely. it means that next time I need it adjusting or checking on after a fall, it can be done remotely with me at home, instead of repeating that journey to see the technicians who haven't been able to leave Sydney for rather a long period of time because of Covid-19. hence the push to being able to this with the patient at home, though the technician still has to be with the consultant...

we're about ½ way through the storm in theory... all I can say is that the water table is getting to the point where Lake George might actually qualify as a lake again in the near future. at 25km long and 10km wide at its widest point, it takes a lot of water to raise the level even 10cm. it used to be deep enough for people to drown in. nowadays you can almost wade across it...

Wow,Daylight Savings Time is gone, so it is getting dark early, and you may get to shovel your driveway this weekend. You must be very happy. :wacky:

CD
The forecast has already gone from 50% chance to 40% chance, so my mood is shifting along with it. 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom