The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their notice said they're "cooking up" other great shopping options, so I hope they're replacing it was something similar/even better, but if I know Kroger... :whistling:
Ok, reaching out to shady characters in back alleys and the not-as-dark-as-the-dark-web-but-still-plenty-dark web, it seems Kroger is close to unveiling a new "smart cart," where the scanning and paying technology will be built into the shopping cart itself.

If that's the case, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Well it really got us!
It's already starting to melt here:

Kroger is close to unveiling a new "smart cart," where the scanning and paying technology will be built into the shopping cart itself.
From what my sources tell me, the Madeira location is the only one with these KroGO carts.

karadekoolaid - that's in your current neck of the woods! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to go buy something at Kroger using one of these carts and let me know I've nothing to worry about!

I´ve seen them there in Kroger.
Haven´t actually used one yet, because I only buy a few things at a time, but I´ve seen people using them. Even old people like me - so they can´t be that difficult!

I couldn´t even get the car out of the drive yesterday. There´s a small incline and the wheels just kept spinning. I had to shovel all the snow off the drive before I could go out.
Haven´t done that for about 50 years!!!
View attachment 79499
Sorry for laughing, but my husband has a truck and we had over a foot of snow, he had to shovel a path from his parking spot to the road because his truck couldn't drive through it (and the snow bank at the end of the driveway was over 2 feet high from snow plows depositing snow along the side of the road).

Nice trees, BTW. Is that green thing just beyond the bushes a coiled up hose? Won't be using that anytime soon, eh?

Not here it's not. Hubby is going to go out and tighten it up a bit since it will be 40 tomorrow and turn into a slushy mess, then the temps are going down to about 19F and we will have an ice rink in the driveway!

I see your blacktop helps a lot with the melt, lucky you.
Its 31 c here today, im off to the pub in 2 hrs.

Russ

I just got an email from Kroger, saying they're discontinuing their Scan-Bag-Go (SBG) program?!?!

WTF?!?! Nearly every major retailer has moved to a self-scan option, and "the largest traditional grocer" is canning theirs?!?!

Some background: SBG lets a shopper use an app on their phone to scan groceries while they're shopping, and then either pay at a self-serve kiosk or (if you're super with it, like me), pay via the app - all the fun of in-person shopping with none of that pesky human contact! What's not to love?!

Meijer has it...Sam's Club has it, and I think Walmart does...Target as well, and who know who else has it.

What's worse, Kroger's was my favorite of the lot - the most elegant, the easiest one to use, and the one with the most features. It was light years ahead of the other ones.

Their notice said they're "cooking up" other great shopping options, so I hope they're replacing it was something similar/even better, but if I know Kroger... :whistling:

it has been gone from my Kroger for months. I never had any interest in using it. Perhaps not enough other people did, either.

Amazon grocery stores have shopping carts that scan your groceries as you put them in the cart.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom