The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was sunny and 75F/24C today, with light to moderated South winds. A cold front comes through tomorrow. The high is forecast at 55F/13C around noon, then it falls the rest of the day. On Thursday, the high is forecast at 36F/2C, with a strong North winds making it feel even colder.

More weather whiplash for Texas.

CD

It was sunny and 75F/24C today, with light to moderated South winds. A cold front comes through tomorrow. The high is forecast at 55F/13C around noon, then it falls the rest of the day. On Thursday, the high is forecast at 36F/2C, with a strong North winds making it feel even colder.

CD
We have a similar pattern expected here, just slightly different temps.

CD

I first came to this town in 1995 and I've lived here since 1999. In all that time I've never had to pay for parking my car until today. Car park - ฿20.00 (ten bob) for the day. Is this the thin end of the wedge? Will it be parking meters next?

I first came to this town in 1995 and I've lived here since 1999. In all that time I've never had to pay for parking my car until today. Car park - ฿20.00 (ten bob) for the day. Is this the thin end of the wedge? Will it be parking meters next?

I moved to Frisco, Texas in 1995. The population was about 8,000 then. Today, the population is 207,700.

CD

I had to think about that for a minute, then realized you meant the singer, not the entree.

Comedian Louis Anderson walked out the door with him.

I'll have to crank up Paradise by the Dashboard Light sometime today.

CD

I don't know the comedian but I do know the choir of angels is gonna be a lot louder

News headline "Christmas isn't over" lol.

Well according to the British Post Office, Christmas and my birthday are not over at least.

Posted in the UK on the 4th December
Received by the Sydney West Letter Facility (SWLF) on 10th Jan and delivered on Friday 21st Jan.

(The SWLF date is over the stamp)

The Aussie postal service received the other card on the 17th January in Perth (PMC = Perth Mail Centre) and delivered that one today on the 24th.

(I've hidden my postcode for obvious reasons).

So please place your bets on the date of the last 2021 Christmas card I'll receive... lol.

Mind you my mother still hasn't received a package I sent her on Monday 6th December which was guaranteed a Christmas delivery. Shame I forgot to enquire which Christmas!

The 3 parcels posted less than 1 week before on 2nd or 3rd December, arrived within 14 days.

Not an every day occurrence but not rare.

"The Metropolitan Police Bureau has laid seven charges against the policeman who hit and killed a woman doctor with his Ducati Monster motorcycle on Friday.

MPB deputy commissioner Pol Maj Gen Jirasant Kaewsang-ek said on Monday that Pol L/Cpl Norawich Buadok was charged with reckless driving causing death, using a vehicle without a licence plate, failing to keep his motorcycle in the left lane, failing to give way to someone using a pedestrian crossing, using a vehicle with unpaid annual registration tax, using a vehicle that lacked required equipment, and not having third-party vehicle insurance.

The suspect met and apologised to the family of the victim and expressed his intention to enter the monkhood, he said."

Random thought for today: Do you folks think I could substitute Cauliflower in place of Broccoli in a broccoli & cheddar quiche? The quiche was planned for dinner, but the Mrs. has grown an aversion to broccoli during pregnancy.
I think you could, sure. You can put just about anything in a quiche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom