The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a typically Aussie "country fare" ceremony a fairly light hearted ceremony has been completed.

We now hold dual nationality.

A bio of each new citizen was read out including a reason for becoming an Australia citizen. The other 5 all had really 'serious' reasons down on record (democratic society, ability to vote and be counted and so on), hubby and I simply stated we came out here 6 years ago and liked it. We were the only ones that got a laugh from the audience!

In a typically Aussie "country fare" ceremony a fairly light hearted ceremony has been completed.

We now hold dual nationality.

A bio of each new citizen was read out including a reason for becoming an Australia citizen. The other 5 all had really 'serious' reasons down on record (democratic society, ability to vote and be counted and so on), hubby and I simply stated we came out here 6 years ago and liked it. We were the only ones that got a laugh from the audience!
Congratulations!

Sunny but cold here. 28F/-2C this morning. Some light snow possible this evening, and overnight. I may fire up the fireplace later. Psycho-poodle loves that. My new Thermarest MondoKing camping mattress arrived yesterday. I may need to test it out by sleeping by the fire tonight.

LateNite, Tasty, and JAS have some really cold weather rolling through these next few days. MountainCat and GG have bomb cyclone on the way. :cold:

CD

I went to bed early, and woke up around midnight, and couldn't get back to sleep. My sleep cycle is a mess.

CD
Same here. I'm on call this week, and we're training a new offshore "first line of defense" support team, and we're in the initial phase where it's getting worse before it gets better, meaning that they call me for anything that looks remotely out of whack, and 99.9% of the time, everything is fine.

Last night, called at 11PM, 12:30AM, and 4AM. No issues, everything was fine. Pretty much the same for Monday night as well, and I expect it'll be the same for the rest of the week.

I went to bed early, and woke up around midnight, and couldn't get back to sleep. My sleep cycle is a mess.

CD
I hear it is like that for several people. Try something new.
I found a new meditation that helps sometimes.
Yt has a variety of info. You may stumble on some useful tips...

I paid my annual property taxes today. Property taxes in Texas ain't cheap. Then I went to run some errands, and my car barely started. The five year old original battery was a couple days away from being dead after sitting overnight. Audi batteries ain't cheap. All-in-all, this day wasn't cheap. 💰

CD

Sunny but cold here. 28F/-2C this morning. Some light snow possible this evening, and overnight. I may fire up the fireplace later. Psycho-poodle loves that. My new Thermarest MondoKing camping mattress arrived yesterday. I may need to test it out by sleeping by the fire tonight.

LateNite, Tasty, and JAS have some really cold weather rolling through these next few days. MountainCat and GG have bomb cyclone on the way. :cold:

CD
Today for us the high is 18F/-8C. Tomorrow is 30F/-1C, so I can go get some shopping done finally. The weekend will be a bit cold (not as cold as last week) but next week it's going into the mid 40s (about 5C).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom