The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s our forecast:

Well, today is my last track day with my Kawasaki ZX10R. Put a quick shifter on it last year and used it once. I have a few people interested in buying my bike which I'm definitely going to have those conversations but yeah, I'm done taking the risks. Last year my feet came right out from under me descending 3 concrete steps that were covered in wet slippery ice and came down hard on my side where my ribs came into contact with the corner of one of those steps and where I laid there for a few minutes is some pretty good pain. Broke 2 ribs and recovery took forever it seemed.

Now that I'm almost 70 yrs old I don't trust myself that when I get on the track I will push it because I generally do. I've gone down on the track a few times over the years, it's just going to happen and recovery for the most part was quick and for the most part painless, but my reflexes and balance are not what they use to be which is normal when you get older, I've known that, but the reality is I know that lol.

Good bye my friend.

View attachment 84901View attachment 84902

I thought about getting another triumph trident a few years ago. Summing up traffic and my age. Not worth the risk. You made a good choice.

Russ

Raining forecast for next 3 days. Been a mild autumn. I hope winter is the same. Kids here mothers day yesterday, her and her partner and 9yo heading to paris next month for 6 weeks. Doing uk and Spain as well.
We will miss them.

Russ

Our niece announced her engagement and wedding day yesterday. We've already got 1 trip to the UK planned next year for my mother's 75th birthday (along with 15th wedding anniversary and my step father turning 80 this year). That's July. Unfortunately she's chosen October half term next year to get married, target than the summer holidays (she's a teacher) which I'm not certain we'll be able to do for a variety of reasons including the main one of us having already been to the UK once that year & if I don't have my other hip done this October, it will likely be next October... . :( flights are too looking and too expensive to afford to go to the UK twice on 1 year unless someone else is paying. (We were not able to return to the UK for my sister's wedding either sadly.)

I thought about getting another triumph trident a few years ago. Summing up traffic and my age. Not worth the risk. You made a good choice.

Russ
Make no mistake, I'll be riding on the street until I can't, which is still a long time coming. Cheers. Everyone needs to evaluate risk/reward, it's what made us human. Cheers.

Make no mistake, I'll be riding on the street until I can't, which is still a long time coming. Cheers. Everyone needs to evaluate risk/reward, it's what made us human. Cheers.

Dont know if you have grandkids but I do. I enjoy spending time with them. I dont want to miss milestones in their lives. Good luck on the road my friend!
:)

Russ

There are days when you're left wondering if you counted correctly but I have seen the chook today that left this wonderful ring of feathers... she's moulting and apparently going for a sudden rapid moult at that

There are 3 other areas where she's left a similar number of feathers in the garden. She has distinctive feathers so we know it is just her... she's a large bird of 4kg and a heavily feathered breed, though for the next couple of months heavily feathered is going to be subjective! Lol

There are days when you're left wondering if you counted correctly but I have seen the chook today that left this wonderful ring of feathers... she's moulting and apparently going for a sudden rapid moult at that

View attachment 85003
There are 3 other areas where she's left a similar number of feathers in the garden. She has distinctive feathers so we know it is just her... she's a large bird of 4kg and a heavily feathered breed, though for the next couple of months heavily feathered is going to be subjective! Lol
I know you probably love her, but I'd love to know how a 10 lb chicken would look (and taste) on my roasting platter! I'm just kidding, of course. I'm sure that laying hens don't taste as good as broilers and I imagine she's an expensive breed as well.

I have since replaced one of my shower units with a similar model but now I know. Although mine is black letters on black.

The shower unit front elevation.

The shower unit on/off switch front elevation.

The shower unit on/off switch at an angle to catch borrowed light from the window.

This time next week, we’ll be heading to Pennsylvania for round two of retirement location scouting.

I’ve got to start thinking about what to pack in the car for food. We’ve decided to do a little roadside picnic, which is a compromise between stopping at a restaurant for a leisurely lunch (my choice) and cramming our faces with junk food while driving frantically to get where we’re going as soon as possible (MrsT’s choice).

Also, normally, I’d be getting my flowers planted about now, but we’re going to wait until we get back. That gives me time to get the planters touched up with a little paint and to get some potting soil in. They grow and sell a lot of flowers where we’re going, so we may try and buy some there and bring them back to pot.

I know you probably love her, but I'd love to know how a 10 lb chicken would look (and taste) on my roasting platter! I'm just kidding, of course. I'm sure that laying hens don't taste as good as broilers and I imagine she's an expensive breed as well.
She's show quality of a buff Sussex, so yeah expensive. She's a dual purpose bird, not a dedicated layer. They tend to be smaller. Broilers are only larger because they fat birds. This girl is 4 years old now and actually quite lean more feathers than anything else. Well in about a month or two she will be again! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom