The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all hyped up for last night's lunar eclipse, but we had a lot of cloud cover (typical Florida) so I went to sleep. 3 hours later I woke up and thought the neighbor was shining a flashlight through my window... it was a very bright, very full moon and the eclipse was over 🤦‍♂️

I missed it, too. I just forgot about it. But, I just looked online, and at the time the eclipse was at maximum coverage over Dallas, those storms were rolling in., so I probably would have missed the show.

CD

I missed it, too. I just forgot about it. But, I just looked online, and at the time the eclipse was at maximum coverage over Dallas, those storms were rolling in., so I probably would have missed the show.

CD
I still don't have a long enough lens to take great moon shots anyway (only 135mm), so if I had stayed up maybe it would have been a different kind of frustration.
Saw your post above, hope you feel better man.

I still don't have a long enough lens to take great moon shots anyway (only 135mm), so if I had stayed up maybe it would have been a different kind of frustration.
Saw your post above, hope you feel better man.

The longest lens I own is a 70-200, which is short for a moon shot. If I need a big ($$$$$) lens for anything, I rent it.

CD

CD
We had storms last night too.

caseydog felling awful from what? Cold?
The Lunar Eclipse started around 7pm AST (Arizona Standard Time) and like you said FowlersFreeTime it was BRIGHT afterwards.
But man! That was so dang cool to watch. We had a few stray clouds but all in all we got see all of it from our backyard.
I was thankful that there no mosquitos, yet!

Massive moon here all night... hard to call it night when you don't actually need to put lights on the read a (paper) book. Even the "walking wounded" technically a wheeling wondered at the moment, didn't put the light on to come to bed last night. It shines in through the bedroom window for the first half of the night... beautiful to see but annoying as hell when you're trying to get to sleep...

I've had a rough time health wise, as I wrote before. I'll get consulted about it by a rheumatologist, because the last time I visited they couldn't confirm nor deny that I possibly had lupus or psoriatic arthritis. I'm going to be tested for those two and possibly more, but I will have to wait until June 24th for my appointment and then until July 14th for my results. So until then I'll have to take it easy because I am constantly in pain. My wrist and feet both have some kind of swelling, hopefully that will indicate what we're looking at here.

I quit tramadol voluntarily two months ago, because it was causing bowel blockages. But it's now showing how severe my other chronic pain has become, and I am without pain medications until I've been seen and diagnosed. So that's kind of anxiety inducing, given that I've been hardly able to walk at all some days for the past six weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom