The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday I woke up with horrible drainage from my sinuses, and I was having a coughing fit to the point of being nauseous. I felt something "pop" behind my right eye. I didn't give it much more thought since it looked okay, though it hurt a bit throughout the day and my vision was a bit off a few times. But this morning I got up and my right eye looked like someone hit me. The upper and lower lid on the outer edge were reddish purple with a line coming down, looked almost like someone drew it with a lipliner pencil in an odd pattern, and my eyeball on the right outer edge was bloodshot and red. So guess I popped a blood vessel. That's never happened before. I have been using frozen used tea bags that I sometimes use on my eyes when they get puffy and swollen. Hopefully it will resolve quickly and I can go back to work by Monday or Tuesday.

So yesterday I woke up with horrible drainage from my sinuses, and I was having a coughing fit to the point of being nauseous. I felt something "pop" behind my right eye. I didn't give it much more thought since it looked okay, though it hurt a bit throughout the day and my vision was a bit off a few times. But this morning I got up and my right eye looked like someone hit me. The upper and lower lid on the outer edge were reddish purple with a line coming down, looked almost like someone drew it with a lipliner pencil in an odd pattern, and my eyeball on the right outer edge was bloodshot and red. So guess I popped a blood vessel. That's never happened before. I have been using frozen used tea bags that I sometimes use on my eyes when they get puffy and swollen. Hopefully it will resolve quickly and I can go back to work by Monday or Tuesday.
I know you're in the US and it's complicated, but shouldn't a doctor check that? It doesn't sound normal. Hope you're OK now :hug:

I know you're in the US and it's complicated, but shouldn't a doctor check that? It doesn't sound normal. Hope you're OK now :hug:
That's a sound idea. I did email my ENT about it because I have an upcoming CT scan for my sinuses on July 7. Thank you dear!

We've thought up a plan to make sure I won't end up in the ICU again: we're getting me a smart watch on top of the medical supervision of my blood.
Does anyone have a smartwatch that they can recommend? I need one that can monitor heartrate (mandatory) and saturation (preferable).
These are great.

mi-watch

and here

I have popped a blood vessel in my eye once before. You'll all laugh, but it was from throwing up after getting drunk at Disneyworld :shy: Ah the Epcot Food & Wine festival! My friends like to "drink around the world" at this event, meaning you must purchase an alcoholic beverage at every represented country... Well take it from me folks, do NOT end your day of drinking with a flight of tequila! :cheers:

PS: the redeye clears up in about a week and a half, give or take a few days and dependent on your physiology.
Useful link: Subconjunctival hemorrhage (broken blood vessel in eye) - Symptoms and causes

What are property prices like?
Just looked at an estate agent on the way here to the airport. On the south side of the island they are comparable to Leicester - 3/4 bed town house €270-300k, on the north where I would want to be they must be lower. There are plenty of building plots for sale too.

I have popped a blood vessel in my eye once before. You'll all laugh, but it was from throwing up after getting drunk at Disneyworld :shy: Ah the Epcot Food & Wine festival! My friends like to "drink around the world" at this event, meaning you must purchase an alcoholic beverage at every represented country... Well take it from me folks, do NOT end your day of drinking with a flight of tequila! :cheers:

PS: the redeye clears up in about a week and a half, give or take a few days and dependent on your physiology.
Useful link: Subconjunctival hemorrhage (broken blood vessel in eye) - Symptoms and causes
Thank you! I was hoping it would clear up sooner, drats. The eyeball isn't too bloody today but the eyelids still are bruised.

I'm excited. It's 6 months away, but I just bought tickets for a Cirque holiday show at the end of December. I've always wanted to go to one, but either scheduling or the fact that the shows were in downtown Miami, which I don't like driving in during the day, but refuse to at night, or only bad seats left, or something else always got in the way. I bought the fancy tickets that come with valet parking, and access to the mezzanine club lounge in the Au Rene Theater, which is part of the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. W've gotten these kind of tickets before and the lounge is really cool. You can go in up to an hour before the show and they serve food (actually pretty good food), non-alcoholic drinks and top-shelf liquor, unlimited. Then, you can go in during intermission to snack and drink for about 20-30 minutes, then again after the show for up to 45 minutes while they serve dessert, coffee and more drinks. Plus, we didn't have to pay sales tax (though that really didn't amount to much comparatively) since Florida is having a tax-free period for a few days right now on various items.

Does your husband feel uncomfortable walking with you in public? :laugh:

CD
I thought you knew we don't go anywhere? We haven't been to a restaurant in since 2019.

But at any rate, this just happened 2 days ago.

Does your husband feel uncomfortable walking with you in public? :laugh:

CD
I had an accident on my mountain bike a number of years ago. It left me with a broken rib, twisted strained thumb and a black eye from my helmet smashing on my forehead above the left eye. My eye itself was never involved, never hurt or anything but I had a massive black eye that started at the eyebrow and drained all down the check... a make up artist would have been proud!

My doctor wanted an x-ray of the thumb to confirm nothing was broken and I was too sore and lacking a cycle helmet (it was in 5 pieces not counting the visor) to cycle to the local hospital, so hubby took me.

We were duely separated and interviewed in separate rooms, the staff having called the police in. I ended up having to prove it was a women's only mountain biking course and that I was there alone, my husband 200km away at the time by contacting the (male) instructor for the police to talk to him. Yes people stared for weeks, not helped by the fact I needed to get my glasses adjusted which meant hubby had to take me into town. We stopped going out for a while simply because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom