The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he would be a stupid boss if he wasn't!
It can go too far though.

As an it engineer, supporting, fixing and so on the photocopiers in the school was my job and the quality of the paper greatly affected how often they jammed. Plus in high humidity, the last thing I needed was some helpful member of staff filling the copier when it was empty. The cheap paper would get damp too quickly and know and behold constantly jam. So staff would spend more time wasted waiting for me to get out and unjam the copier pinky for it to repeat the exercise almost as soon as I walked out of the door. The only way to get it working again (any of them in the staff room) would be to empty all of the paper out of the copier and put a couple of fresh reams in, no more.

The only copiers that didn't routinely jam were ones where I found influence the members of staff who actually worked in the same room as them. And the one in the IT building itself. I came to hate paper delivery time because I knew what the outcome was going to be... cheap paper = more wastage of time and money but actually convincing those who paid for it this took years. Paper also had to be stored against those big old radiator pipes they have in old school buildings...

It can go too far though.

As an it engineer, supporting, fixing and so on the photocopiers in the school was my job and the quality of the paper greatly affected how often they jammed. Plus in high humidity, the last thing I needed was some helpful member of staff filling the copier when it was empty. The cheap paper would get damp too quickly and know and behold constantly jam. So staff would spend more time wasted waiting for me to get out and unjam the copier pinky for it to repeat the exercise almost as soon as I walked out of the door. The only way to get it working again (any of them in the staff room) would be to empty all of the paper out of the copier and put a couple of fresh reams in, no more.

The only copiers that didn't routinely jam were ones where I found influence the members of staff who actually worked in the same room as them. And the one in the IT building itself. I came to hate paper delivery time because I knew what the outcome was going to be... cheap paper = more wastage of time and money but actually convincing those who paid for it this took years. Paper also had to be stored against those big old radiator pipes they have in old school buildings...

When I first moved into the office, we had an all singing, all dancing copier, the paper came from Office Depot, endless issues. We then started buying paper from somewhere else, no problem, a couple of years ago we had a new (ie reconditioned) copier from a different company..no problems at all so maybe it is a combination of both.
It is frustrating when the paper jams and you have faff about.

Today was the first day this week that I really seem to have felt the effect of the new pain meds.

I can move my left hand again and use it for lifting, I can move my toes again and I can turn myself around in my sleep. I also sleep much deeper.
I still have pain and stiffness in my neck, back, hips, knees , and feet. How bad that is varies day by day.
But hopefully that will get less once diagnosed and treatment is started.

Today was the first day this week that I really seem to have felt the effect of the new pain meds.

I can move my left hand again and use it for lifting, I can move my toes again and I can turn myself around in my sleep. I also sleep much deeper.
I still have pain and stiffness in my neck, back, hips, knees , and feet. How bad that is varies day by day.
But hopefully that will get less once diagnosed and treatment is started.
Sleep is one of my most favorite things, something I used to take for granted. I am so happy you are sleeping better :hug:

There are 52 years between 1918 and 1970.

There are also 52 years between 1970 and 2022.

Frightening!

I'm back!
I'd like to introduce you all to Isla!
DSC01923_5x7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom