The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until the onset of the Covid problems mine would visit every two years. MiL would not stay longer than 3/4 days as she needed to return home (1000 km) to look after the farm. Neither of them had time to get used to the new gismos that we had purchased between the visits and to this day, I don't think the FiL has figured out (remembered) how to lock/unlock the front doors.

The new fridge/freezer and washing machine will have them flummoxed.

They've been here for 4 days now.

And I can't find anything!

It's due to drop to 1°C tomorrow night here.
It's summer soon apparently. :headshake:

And one of my new chooks is poorly, so she's in the house. It's respiratory so likely picked up from the wild birds (Crimson Rosellas or the Sulphur Cockatoo that's been hanging around) so they'll all go on to antibiotics in the water for the next 5 days which means I'll have to keep them separate from my main flock which is a shame. Fingers crossed she pulls through.

My wife took her family to the "Elephant Round-up" this morning. A few of the pictures that she took.

Well that was a horrible drive home. I'm in the 4×4 which doesn't have the best handling in high winds and to address the fun, torrential rain gave way to sleet and hail, and then to a snow storm, still in high winds on the most exposed section of the road. Yuck. It's meant to be summer in 10 days time.

We've multiple severe weather warnings out for most things right now. Damaging winds, large hail, flooding but oddly not for snow. There are severe thunderstorm warnings out for this afternoon to add to the mix.

Wind chill is apparently down at -5°C... not convinced it's that warm actually!

Glad to be home.

Okay, so I'm skipping some details. But I've got an abcess in my lower back that has made it's way to my skin, and it's most likely caused by Ulcerative Colitis that's active for the first time in 5 years. However, it could also be other things so to be sure there will be an MRI scan between now and a month due to the waiting list. At least this explains the intense pain in my lower back..
Once we know what it is, surgery is the most likely route to remove the abcess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom