The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello - I'm back!

Well, I am finally out of hospital after 2 months. I have so many medical appointments I don't know if I am coming or going and to top it all off, I can't drive yet either! Great. Hopefully I will be able to get back to coming into the site more often, but I still can't stand long enough to even consider chopping up a vegetable, let alone cooking, so it is going to be a while yet before I am back in the kitchen again.

And my chooks are laying around a dozen eggs a day. Sometimes it is a baker's dozen and other times it is the exact opposite but it averages out at around a dozen a day. All the blue eggs are kept for friend who breeds. They are called Easter Eggers. The eggs those (unborn) chicks lay can be any colour from blue to olive green to white to brown. She sells then for $8 per chick. I get $4 a chick. Half a dozen eggs a day are made into an omelette (over cooked and cooled) and fed back to the chooks which they love. It still leaves me with an awful lot of eggs and roughly 7 or 8 more pullets that have yet to start laying! Oops. Good thing I like eggs.

Welcome back @SatNavSaysStraightOn :wave:

I've had a slight "accident" so may not be posting on here for a few days. I had to take the car to be serviced yesterday. The dealer I prefer is several miles away, so Tippy and I went out armed with food for a picnic while we were waiting. By lunch time I had a nagging toothache, and I was stuck out in the wilds with the mutt and no transport. By the time my car was ready, my toothache was raging, and by the time we were on our way home the whole of the left side of my face was swollen. I did stop at one dentist on the way home, but they could not see me, and I ended up going to the emergency dentist last night. He thought I'd been punched in the face as I was in such a state by then. The upshot is that x-rays showed one of the roots on one of my teeth had broken and made the tooth loose. He couldn't take the tooth out because of one of the medications I am on for my osteoporosis, so I'm being referred to hospital to have the offending tooth removed. In the meantime, I am on strong antibiotics to stop any infection and painkillers (as well as all my other meds), and I look like I've just done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson or any other boxer you can think of. I can only eat cool soft or mushy food because I can't chew - I can't even open my mouth very far anyway - and, in spite of having a very soupy Keralan vegetable istoo and a small quantity of rice for dinner tonight, it doesn't add much sustenance to the cheese sandwich I shared with the mutt yesterday. I am hungry, very hungry, and the thought of looking at your photos and reading all your recipes etc is a bit too much for me at the moment. See you all in a few days, when the swelling has gone down and I can start eating proper food :cry:

I've had a slight "accident" so may not be posting on here for a few days. I had to take the car to be serviced yesterday. The dealer I prefer is several miles away, so Tippy and I went out armed with food for a picnic while we were waiting. By lunch time I had a nagging toothache, and I was stuck out in the wilds with the mutt and no transport. By the time my car was ready, my toothache was raging, and by the time we were on our way home the whole of the left side of my face was swollen. I did stop at one dentist on the way home, but they could not see me, and I ended up going to the emergency dentist last night. He thought I'd been punched in the face as I was in such a state by then. The upshot is that x-rays showed one of the roots on one of my teeth had broken and made the tooth loose. He couldn't take the tooth out because of one of the medications I am on for my osteoporosis, so I'm being referred to hospital to have the offending tooth removed. In the meantime, I am on strong antibiotics to stop any infection and painkillers (as well as all my other meds), and I look like I've just done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson or any other boxer you can think of. I can only eat cool soft or mushy food because I can't chew - I can't even open my mouth very far anyway - and, in spite of having a very soupy Keralan vegetable istoo and a small quantity of rice for dinner tonight, it doesn't add much sustenance to the cheese sandwich I shared with the mutt yesterday. I am hungry, very hungry, and the thought of looking at your photos and reading all your recipes etc is a bit too much for me at the moment. See you all in a few days, when the swelling has gone down and I can start eating proper food :cry:

Oh my gosh! You have my sympathies. I have suffered long and hard with my teeth so I understand. Wishing you a speedy recovery...

Oh dear, @Elawin! Wishing you a quick trip to remove the offending tooth and a quick recovery.

We were supposed to be going to London today but this cold has knocked me for 6 so instead we are having a quiet day.
"Knocked me for six" was an unfamiliar term to me before this, so I did the Google thing. I must have been just a bit off with the pointer the first time I right-clicked, because I was offered "have Google translate for you". :D

@Elawin I'm sorry for your toothache, I wish you all the best as soon as possible!

If I wish to buy Heinz beanz here I need to pay my western food supplier almost £2.00 for a 415 gm tin delivered. I found the "BritishCornerShop" website and discovered that they only charge £0.89. However, the delivery charge is 6 quid!

[6 quid for 1 or 2 tins, 12 quid for more than 2]

Oh @Elawin I really feel for, hope this will all be over with quickly :hug:

I hope things get sorted for you quickly and you start to feel and look better soon.
SNSSO

Last nights wine tasting was great fun, we may have invested

P_20170923_103912.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom