The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
27 deg c here. Our weather is so similar to yours. Hope your chicks get better.

Russ
The thermometer stayed with a 6 this morning. Brrr. :cold:
It's the wide variation in day and night temperatures that we both struggle with.

Sneazy is still sneezing continuously and my little light one remains unbelievably light. Everyone is being wormed today. To make life easier ,I'm using a wormer that goes on water butt it doesn't cover all possibilities. For that i need the tablets but with this many chooks and chicks around that isn't and option . I'd have weigh each and every chook and chick and work out the dosage. With water I can just leave it out until they have drunk all of what's out assuming I calculated it correctly (I just went with an adult dose of 50 birds. I'm not convinced that my little one needs worming , she has only been on soil 8 or 9 times but there is a chance is the problem .

You certainly have a job on your hands. I'm about to make up something pickling juice for my gerkins that are going mad ATM. Then I'm going to a new place to check out a new couple of restaurants. It my turn to pick dinner club place for our group on Wednesday.

Russ

We nipped into the pet store to get cat food and litter and almost came out with fish and a tank, a gecko and bunnies :o_o:

Off and on when we are out and about, we have been looking at jigsaw puzzles but so far the ones we have seen are twee or just easy to do which takes away the 'puzzle' bit

Sunday night is family day, but we went to a public reserve called the groynes, took my BBQ and cooked dinner under some willow trees. Kids had a ball, we took their water pistols and 10 litres of water. 27 deg c here yesterday, same today.

Russ

@rascal I hope you don't get the storm we've just had . A cold front came through and the least said about it the better. It's whipped up a horrendous dust storm turning the sky brown and dropping visibility to meters at times . At one point the place went so dark I looked up and watch the car disappear in front of my eyes. It's only parked 10m away at most.
The temperature was 33C today. Indoors is stuffy but at least it's not full of soil!

This was around 4pm today.
20190212154843_IMG_1808.JPG

The second picture should have well a lot more in it including a wind farm.
20190212154916_IMG_1810.JPG

We've also spent the day on a state wide fire ban and the fire warning at severe (level 4 of 6). Right now I expect that there's a severe weather warning out regarding the air quality . My asthma is playing up something chronic and I can't leave the house . I've got and had all windows and doors shut all day but I'm still struggling.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn
The weather sounds frightening. The photos are beautiful.
I think it is the 3rd or 4th time it has happened in the 3 years that we have been here (3 years in May that is), so the frequency isn't too bad, if you get me. Luckily this morning we have woken to blue skies again. Normally it lasts several days and requires rain to clear it. Yesterday afternoon a health warning was put out (as I suggested it may be). My asthma played up most of the evening but luckily by bedtime I more or less had it under control by increasing my steroid dose. Its better than ending up in hospital and them putting me onto a much stronger oral steroid. Plus hospital is over an hour away so I try to avoid it! I look at the photos and I can see that people would think I have altered the white balance, but I can assure you I hadn't. It was on AWB because I haven't a clue about what to pic in a sand/dust storm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom