The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I spent a lot of money, company money. It was a crazy thing that stuff needed ordering around the same time but I won't need to buy anything again for a few months.

Today was busy and loud. All the stuff I bought yesterday turned up today in many different deliveries.

The heating in the office is on full blast it is like an oven in there :heat::heat:
Everyone else seems to think it is below zero outside so needs to be on high, maybe it is just me :scratchhead:

Everyone else seems to think it is below zero outside so needs to be on high,
Just tell them that that is old soviet communist thinking. It will soon so it ! And if it doesn't point out that it will dry out their skin to the point that their skin will crack and bleed . I know this from bitter experience though admittedly it was below freezing outside most of the time and exceptionally hot and dry inside any building especially the hotels we had no option but use for 2 weeks whilst cycling through Serbia one winter. It is the only time I have ever had to resort to skin moisturiser on my face. Sadly the chaps ones did nothing, but half of one pot of something with a frightening price tag (purchase by hubby on my behalf whilst I say in a cold hotel room (we asked to be moved to a floor that had no heating!). I personally would never have paid that amount , but it did work amazingly well.

Just tell them that that is old soviet communist thinking. It will soon so it ! And if it doesn't point out that it will dry out their skin to the point that their skin will crack and bleed . I know this from bitter experience though admittedly it was below freezing outside most of the time and exceptionally hot and dry inside any building especially the hotels we had no option but use for 2 weeks whilst cycling through Serbia one winter. It is the only time I have ever had to resort to skin moisturiser on my face. Sadly the chaps ones did nothing, but half of one pot of something with a frightening price tag (purchase by hubby on my behalf whilst I say in a cold hotel room (we asked to be moved to a floor that had no heating!). I personally would never have paid that amount , but it did work amazingly well.

The thing is, the blowers are directly on me so I feel it when it is on, not only that but when I left the room-as soon as I opened the door to walk back in the heat hit me like a brick wall..... With it still being cold in the mornings I am wearing a light jumper, it isn't quite warm enough to wear anything lighter just yet so a bit stuck as to what to wear. A mixture of various things have put some pounds on so some of my stuff doesn't fit too well :(

The thing is, the blowers are directly on me so I feel it when it is on, not only that but when I left the room-as soon as I opened the door to walk back in the heat hit me like a brick wall..... With it still being cold in the mornings I am wearing a light jumper, it isn't quite warm enough to wear anything lighter just yet so a bit stuck as to what to wear. A mixture of various things have put some pounds on so some of my stuff doesn't fit too well :(

I used to go for layers when in that situation. A T-shirt or shirt with a jumper or cardigan over so it can be easily removed. Or for a smarter look a jacket over a shirt so the jacket can be removed.

I used to go for layers when in that situation. A T-shirt or shirt with a jumper or cardigan over so it can be easily removed. Or for a smarter look a jacket over a shirt so the jacket can be removed.

My wardrobe needs a serious over-haul, I don't have 'layers' :laugh:

. A mixture of various things have put some pounds on so some of my stuff doesn't fit too well :(
I know that feeling all too well sadly.
I put +10kg on in my last stay in hospital. I've lost most of it now, but still have another 3 or 4 kg to get back to my pre admission weight and that was roughly 10kg more than I have usually held for my entire life . The result is that I have a range of clothing that doesn't fit. Right now I'm between sizes which is the worst feeling possible . My weight is only very slowly coming off and the tiniest of things sets me back a week or two. So eating out out of necessity rather than enjoyment (though don't get me wrong I can enjoy it depending on where we go to) is a massive killer even if I'm really careful with what I eat.

So clothes wise, I've given up. I'm still in my pjs right now. I'll get dressed later on in the day into tracksuit trousers and a tshirt. That's become my norm until it gets too warm later on and then it's a flimsy cotton dress. No one will see me so I don't need to put any leggings on underneath the dress .

For you, my only suggestion is to keep something suitably cool at work and just change tops when you get to work . It's how I dealt with it.

I know that feeling all too well sadly.
I put +10kg on in my last stay in hospital. I've lost most of it now, but still have another 3 or 4 kg to get back to my pre admission weight and that was roughly 10kg more than I have usually held for my entire life . The result is that I have a range of clothing that doesn't fit. Right now I'm between sizes which is the worst feeling possible . My weight is only very slowly coming off and the tiniest of things sets me back a week or two. So eating out out of necessity rather than enjoyment (though don't get me wrong I can enjoy it depending on where we go to) is a massive killer even if I'm really careful with what I eat.

So clothes wise, I've given up. I'm still in my pjs right now. I'll get dressed later on in the day into tracksuit trousers and a tshirt. That's become my norm until it gets too warm later on and then it's a flimsy cotton dress. No one will see me so I don't need to put any leggings on underneath the dress .

For you, my only suggestion is to keep something suitably cool at work and just change tops when you get to work . It's how I dealt with it.

With the weather being so cold and dark in the evenings I haven't been out walking, running or gardening, I need to rectify this because the exercise helps me to sleep and burn off the calories. Been feeling a bit down lately so snacking has also resumed :(

Been feeling a bit down lately so snacking has also resumed :(
I know that one well but I've put a blanket ban on snacks during the week . We're allowed snacks twice a week . It has to be consecutive nights because 1 packet has 4 servings (well 4.5 actually buy who has 1/2 a person handy for that last portion (my chickens would happily but they are usually in the coop by then and there's too much salt in them for the chooks really )).

Last edited:
A lovely weekend is forecast so we are looking to go out for a walk tomorrow then maybe a light bite of lunch at a delightful pub.

Tonight we are off out to see the comedian Rich Hall, really looking forward to that :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom