The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very pleasant to sit on the stoep with a cold lager and incessant rain in the hot season at a temperature of only 30 degC.

[My wife is at the restaurant 100 metres down the road so she will get wet]

Not many bugs here, moths are about at night. I prolly only fill my wiper fluids twice a year. And that's front and back wipers. I have a wagon.

Russ
You've reminded me .I need to redo the rear windscreen wiper solution for my landcruiser . The pump on the front one isn't powerful enough to squirt water into both front and rear windscreens which for some reason it always does both irrespective of which one you choose . So you'll end up unable to see from either until the wipers go on manually for one of them because both get 'wet'. Wet is a comparative word the water only comes up a few inches on the front windscreen no matter what you try so I think I'll have to replace the pump at the front with something more powerful and install a rear washer water reservoir as well . Grrr. For the moment I'll just terminate the water into the rear windscreen . I do like being able to see from the rear windscreen but find it more useful to see from the front. One of the problems of living on a dirt road . The vehicle gets very dusty .

You've reminded me .I need to redo the rear windscreen wiper solution for my landcruiser . The pump on the front one isn't powerful enough to squirt water into both front and rear windscreens which for some reason it always does both irrespective of which one you choose . So you'll end up unable to see from either until the wipers go on manually for one of them because both get 'wet'. Wet is a comparative word the water only comes up a few inches on the front windscreen no matter what you try so I think I'll have to replace the pump at the front with something more powerful and install a rear washer water reservoir as well . Grrr. For the moment I'll just terminate the water into the rear windscreen . I do like being able to see from the rear windscreen but find it more useful to see from the front. One of the problems of living on a dirt road . The vehicle gets very dusty .

My commodore fluid tank is under the bonnet. It pumps through to the back no problem. I know about the dust thing over there. I've driven extensively over there. Road trip with mates from cairns to Brisbane over 12 days. Done that about 3 times. Driven Sydney to Melbourne several times as well. I love driving.

Russ

Doris Day has died aged 97. April 3rd 1922 - May 13th 2019.

DorisDay_MainNews.jpg

There is a business across the road from where we work, they do a lot of work for us. There is a lady working there who does all the paperwork, she is my contact, we email each other and sometimes chat on the phone. This morning I arrived at work a little earlier than normal so I decided to pop over and say hello, she welcomed me with a huge smile and a hug, had a natter, another hug then I went to work. F is a really lovely person, bubbly, the kind of person I would like to spend time with and have a beer/glass of wine and a jolly good natter :happy:

There is a business across the road from where we work, they do a lot of work for us. There is a lady working there who does all the paperwork, she is my contact, we email each other and sometimes chat on the phone. This morning I arrived at work a little earlier than normal so I decided to pop over and say hello, she welcomed me with a huge smile and a hug, had a natter, another hug then I went to work. F is a really lovely person, bubbly, the kind of person I would like to spend time with and have a beer/glass of wine and a jolly good natter :happy:

I'm not big on hugs. Don't know why. I'm touchy freely type though.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom