The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temps down into single figures at night and struggling to reach mid teens during the day. Log burner in sitting room has been lit this week for the first time since last Winter, but the central heating won't be fired up for a few weeks yet. I love Autumn, but confess I am missing Summer already!

It was 20C here by 9am this morning and there is between 1-2 inches of rain forecast. It has taken until now, nearly 4pm for clouds to arrive on the scene for any of that rain to even consider happening! I'm now really reconsidering the lighting of the fire (once I shut the windows and doors). It did make it to 23C.... those seeds of mine better had be germinating!

Ridiculous situation here. One month ago water was severely rationed and the drillers were doing a roaring trade installing well pumps.

Now we have unprecedented flooding 150 and 100 km east of us and 50 km north. At one location today it was said to be 1.00 metre deep in the town centre.

We're looking at 92F today with dewpoints around 69F, so...hot and humid. No rain in the forecast for the foreseeable future.

@morning glory - With dewpoints, anything from around 65F-70F is considered "uncomfortable," and anything over 70F is usually listed as "unbearable" on our local weather station.

In the UK its simply called humidity. But maybe it measured differently (can't see how :unsure:) because its apparently 75% here and its certainly not unbearable.

The dew point in the UK is the point where dew forms. It's basically different depending on humidity, temperature and atmospheric pressure, as I understood it.

It's why some mornings you get tip and despite out being bitterly cold, there's next to no ice but other days it can be warmer and they'll be more ice around (or a heavier dew).

Ridiculous situation here. One month ago water was severely rationed and the drillers were doing a roaring trade installing well pumps.

Now we have unprecedented flooding 150 and 100 km east of us and 50 km north. At one location today it was said to be 1.00 metre deep in the town centre.

View attachment 32150

Wow how awful! Wish you and your people the best kind of help possible.

I agree the white balance being 'off' makes it looks vintage and interesting!
lets put it this way (and I don't really drink, and certainly never had any red wine except in cooking), if it were a bottle of red wine, with that vintage, I'd be staying well away from it (vintage=5 minutes!)….:drink: :whistling:
Not able to repeat because we're in the middle of a blizzard right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom