The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? We enjoy any good excuse for good food 😉
Somewhere between Christmas day and New Year's Eve falls the following (in no order)
  • Friend's birthday
  • Brother-in-law's birthday and my birthday (same day)
  • My biological father's birthday (thankfully don't know him)
  • Our wedding anniversary
We joke that we celebrate the 'off' days as we call them.

Somewhere between Christmas day and New Year's Eve falls the following (in no order)
  • Friend's birthday
  • Brother-in-law's birthday and my birthday (same day)
  • My biological father's birthday (thankfully don't know him)
  • Our wedding anniversary
We joke that we celebrate the 'off' days as we call them.

And:
  • My birthday.

Yeah - that is the other thing which gets me and you are quite right to mention it. I have four kids - but that was my choice. Well, I s'pose one might have been a bit of an accident (shhh...). I know quite a lot of people who don't want any (both of my daughters included) and I applaud it. We aren't just here to reproduce.
I always say I was born without the maternal gene. I have offended more than one person by not wanting to hold their baby when offered. Funny thing about it - I have 4 step daughters and between them 8 grandkids.. LOL..

I always say I was born without the maternal gene. I have offended more than one person by not wanting to hold their baby when offered. Funny thing about it - I have 4 step daughters and between them 8 grandkids.. LOL..

Being a product of the late 50s and a male, people in my age were the sex drugs and rock n roll. Lots of kids were born, unplanned. Things are so different these days. I've never regretted having kids.

Russ

My wife still gets teased for being "responsible" for her nephew getting dropped as a baby. She was about 17 or so, and her new mom sister went to hand the baby to MrsTasty, who didn't instinctively grab him, and he tumbled to the floor.

To this day, whenever he trips or does something boneheaded, everyone says, "Blame your aunt, she let you get dropped on your head when you were a baby!" :laugh:

I have no children. During my prime child bearing years I was a raging alcoholic. Not fit to be a parent. I quit drinking @ 38 and did not drink a drop for 10 years. As a single woman I did not see having a child as a reasonable option. I did not think I was financially or emotionally able to rear a child with the kind of love and dedication that my child would deserve. Yes I could have gotten pregnant and G would have married me. Just not my style. At 66 I sometimes wish I had a daughter or son and grandchildren. Not my life. Probably for the best. I am a selfish person. Not the kind of person to rear a child.

On the subject of marriage.

I met my Sweet G in 1982. It was love at first sight for both of us. We were a couple, sometimes a long distance couple, until 1994. We went our separate ways for 9 years. In 2003 we connected again and have been together since then. We are married in heart, mind and spirit but not legally. We have been tip toeing around the marriage issue. Mainly to insure that I am taken care of in the event of G's death. G says that his son will see to it that I am taken care of. I say step son will have me on the street 30 days after G's death.

Sorry. A personal issue that we will work out.

I have no children. During my prime child bearing years I was a raging alcoholic. Not fit to be a parent. I quit drinking @ 38 and did not drink a drop for 10 years. As a single woman I did not see having a child as a reasonable option. I did not think I was financially or emotionally able to rear a child with the kind of love and dedication that my child would deserve. Yes I could have gotten pregnant and G would have married me. Just not my style. At 66 I sometimes wish I had a daughter or son and grandchildren. Not my life. Probably for the best. I am a selfish person. Not the kind of person to rear a child.

On the subject of marriage.

I met my Sweet G in 1982. It was love at first sight for both of us. We were a couple, sometimes a long distance couple, until 1994. We went our separate ways for 9 years. In 2003 we connected again and have been together since then. We are married in heart, mind and spirit but not legally. We have been tip toeing around the marriage issue. Mainly to insure that I am taken care of in the event of G's death. G says that his son will see to it that I am taken care of. I say step son will have me on the street 30 days after G's death.

Sorry. A personal issue that we will work out.

Wow, party girl huh? I love your honesty, I know a few chicks like you, honest to their detriment. I guess it's how you sleep at night? It is for me. I sleep,well,lol. I know what you mean about your step son. My grandfather met a lady a few months after my nan died. My nan owned the home. Within 10 months they married. Together 2 years to the day she moved out. Law here was 2 years then split 50/50, she got a fortune meant for my mother. Some evil people out there.

Russ

rascal
Not really evil. Just a very selfish man who does not realize or appreciate the love and care that I have given his father.

No, this woman set out to get money, it was the second time we found out later. She was a bi$&$. A first class one. You need to protect what you've earned. Pre nup kind of?

Russ

rascal
Not so much party girl. Just really stupid and addicted. I know all of the rhetoric about an alcoholic never being able to drink in moderation. I guess i am the exception to the rule. I usually have a glass of wine or a cocktail every evening. Sometimes two. Many times I will prepare a second cocktail and not finish it. I find that my alcohol consumption has decreased since I quit smoking. I will not say that I never over imbibe. Just a rare occasion rather than a daily event. I try to be honest with myself. Acknowledge the good, the bad and the ugly. I am at peace with myself and who I am -warts and all.

rascal
Not so much party girl. Just really stupid and addicted. I know all of the rhetoric about an alcoholic never being able to drink in moderation. I guess i am the exception to the rule. I usually have a glass of wine or a cocktail every evening. Sometimes two. Many times I will prepare a second cocktail and not finish it. I find that my alcohol consumption has decreased since I quit smoking. I will not say that I never over imbibe. Just a rare occasion rather than a daily event. I try to be honest with myself. Acknowledge the good, the bad and the ugly. I am at peace with myself and who I am -warts and all.

We all have skeletons in the closet. You really need to protect yourself, I've seen what greed does to people. It's not good.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom