The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just go to bed as per normal. There's nothing special about it.

As do I.

Too old for all these shenanigans.

Back in the early 90s we had a company "excursion" to a few boozers around Chester. I was assisting beer delivery and the barman deposited 3 "pints" on the bar for me. I just looked at them with an inquisitive stare but did not pick them up. He asked "what's the matter?" I said "They are not pints, they are only half full!". He took them away and added another quarter pint. "That's not good enough", I said. "But it's new year and we're very busy", He said. "Fair enough, if you're too busy to provide a full pint then only charge me for a half!" He took them away, disgruntled, and filled them (almost).

During my prime child bearing years I was a raging alcoholic. Not fit to be a parent. I quit drinking @ 38 and did not drink a drop for 10 years. As a single woman I did not see having a child as a reasonable option. I did not think I was financially or emotionally able to rear a child with the kind of love and dedication that my child would deserve. Yes I could have gotten pregnant and G would have married me. Just not my style. At 66 I sometimes wish I had a daughter or son and grandchildren. Not my life. Probably for the best. I am a selfish person. Not the kind of person to rear a child.

Its brave of you to admit this and its commendable that you had the sense to make that decision. I too have had alcohol issues and probably still do. My biggest problem is that I can drink huge amounts and most people don't notice any difference. If I got drunk quickly and became out of order I'd probably have found more reason to stop.
I find that my alcohol consumption has decreased since I quit smoking.

I used to virtually chain smoke when drinking!

rascal
I try to be honest with myself. Acknowledge the good, the bad and the ugly. I am at peace with myself and who I am -warts and all.

I think you made the right decision and did very well indeed in being honest with yourself. You deserve to be happy with yourself after overcoming all this.

I don't want children of my own either, I am glad my husband already had two and has now had a vasectomy because pregnancy would be dangerous with my medical conditions. And I have known I did not want children from a very young age. My husbands sons are in their late teens and here only 50% of the time, I can manage that but it confirms to me that I don't want kids of my own. Thankfully I can't get them with my husband either.

I believe in ZPG. Had a vasectomy at 21. Anyone remember the original Star Trek episode "The Gamesters of Triskelion"? Sometimes I fancy that all the races, except the indigenous, were placed on this planet so some "Gamesters" could bet which one could use up all the natural resources first.

Vasectomy about 30 years ago, it was easier for me than the wife getting a hysterectomy!! I did want more but wife's problems stopped that. I have a friend who had his reversed, he showed me pics, bruising was massive. He since had a wee girl. Second time around.

Russ

My decision to not have children had no political or environmental influence. During my prime childbearing years I was not fit to be a Mother. Real simple.
I am glad that I knew that. I know so many women who had children when they were not capable of caring for themselves much less children. That pisses me off.
I miss having grandchildren more than I miss having children. I see Baby Sis with her 4 grand babies. I am jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom