The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the view last night

IMG_5107_1024.JPG

IMG_5111_1024.JPG

IMG_5125_1024.JPG

this was just the little camera, no tripod and my first attempt! it was also very cold outside.

Last edited:
This evening we went to out local pub, Morris Men were 'doing their thing' , it was a bit of fun, they were raising money for Rainbows. Our local also has a gin festival going on, I am not a gin drinker but decided to give 1 a go, I am still not a gin drinker.
Mother's ruin...

Spectacular. Why are there more stars down under, I wonder?
There aren't. It is simply what you can see. Light Pollution. When we were attempting to cycle around the world, we would often see loads of stars when we were not in the 24hr daylight zone for 3 months that is!

We are seeing meteorites almost every time we go out and look at the stars. We were out again last night and the view was even better because there was no clue at all. But i need to find a location away from my post lines where I can really photo the milky way and also identify the southern celestial star so that i can do a very long exposure around it and get one of those circular star trails photos.

Also last night because there were no clouds it was apparent how bad the light pollution is from Canberra itself despite it being a very small city. But at least it was only that area of the sky and it didn't extend to fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom