The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our temperatures are lower now than at the beginning of the week (37°C). Unfortunately the couple of showers that we've had have boosted the humidity to 84% and there's zero breeze.

I cannot believe that not only did my mower start easily after five months in storage, but the two front tires weren't flat, either!

First mowing of the season. Here's the back yard, from one corner:

That's enough land to keep a horse (or several horses). Don't you have fences between you and the next house?

The New Year celebrations for Songkhran in Thailand (13 - 15th April) are postponed (or possibly cancelled) for 2020.

Songkhran Entry

It should save us some water.

Our temperatures are lower now than at the beginning of the week (37°C). Unfortunately the couple of showers that we've had have boosted the humidity to 84% and there's zero breeze.
That's my definition of the worst weather. Give me three feet of snow and -20F any day over that. :headshake:

That's enough land to keep a horse (or several horses). Don't you have fences between you and the next house?

Interestingly enough, our development starts with a horse pasture, about a dozen or so, that belongs to a house that sits just outside our development. There are also horses on the other side, just past our entrance, and when we first moved here, the owners would routinely ride their horses through our area, but that hasn't happened in a while.

That pic is skewed since it's a pano. That line of brush on the left runs up to the top-left corner (I'm standing in the back-left corner). That separates me from two neighbors on my left.

That line of brush to the right runs in a much more perpendicular direction along the back. There's a large farmer's field back there.

Up the right side, you can see my right-hand neighbor's house. No fence, and I wish I had one, as over the years, their dog has proved quite destructive and (unintentionally) dangerous, causing some hard feelings between us.

It's all better now, though, because our dog is too old (bad heart) to wear her containment collar any more and routinely goes over and poops in their yard, sometimes right square in the middle of their sidewalk. After years of excusing their dog's bad behavior by saying, "We wouldn't care if Kate came over if you let her," they can't rightly complain now, and have to grin and bear it. Karma is a bitch, as they say...quite literally an old English Setter bitch. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom