The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ciao,
Is funny how people change, neighbour (I no like her) come today an say Mrs Kerr would you please teach husband an me Italian? I say why. She say they go Italia later in year. Normally I say yes to most but one day Ray and I walking home from pub on a Sunday, we speak Italian we stop an say hello. She ask why we speak Italian all time, Ray explain my English not to good she say to Ray well your wife should she in England now!! An now she want to learn?? Before Corona she no want to know me.
I told her yes only after this over.

People very strange!

Sarana x

Ciao,
Is funny how people change, neighbour (I no like her) come today an say Mrs Kerr would you please teach husband an me Italian? I say why. She say they go Italia later in year. Normally I say yes to most but one day Ray and I walking home from pub on a Sunday, we speak Italian we stop an say hello. She ask why we speak Italian all time, Ray explain my English not to good she say to Ray well your wife should she in England now!! An now she want to learn?? Before Corona she no want to know me.

People very strange!

Sarana x
I would have politely told her to download Duolingo on her phone and teach herself. :)

Ciao,

People very strange!

Sarana x

Have you ever seen the Monty Python sketch called Hungarian Phrasebook?
You could do something like that so when they think they are asking for two glasses of wine they are actually saying "my hovercraft is full of eels' or "I would like to fondle your buttocks."

Don't know why she thinks she will get to Italy later this year. She is booking holidays at this time? Bonkers.
Right now, my parents will be lucky to be home later this year! They need a minimum of 3 countries free of the virus AND allowing flights in and out of their countries. Plus they'll need NSW not to implement any of the restrictions that other large states in Aus have started to make. Some/Most now require you to have a permit to move around within a designated region of a state that you have to apply for in advance online. And 1 state requires that you quarantine yourself for 14 days every single time you cross the regional border even if you live in that region and work the other side of the regional or state border!

So to get home my parents either need to drive to Sydney various regions to cross, or Canberra (crossing state boundaries) and take a none existent plane to Sydney...

then fly to Singapore (just don't even think about this one. Right now you can't even transit through Singapore.

Then fly to the UK. Only flights are to London Heathrow and somehow get to Manchester then home... No doubt expected to self isolate.

They could try getting to their other home, but there are no flights to there from Australia even before the virus... their second home is in Tenerife!

Yeah, I think they are here for a while.

Next week we look at the visa issues...

There is 1 flight currently flying back to the UK with Qatar. My parents have open tickets with Singapore Airlines. Qatar want £5,000 (could be Aus $5,000) for 1 single economy ticket to the UK. My parents need business class tickets because of my step father's bad hip (botched NHS op)... the cost is staggering.

Do you think they will relax the ban after that? If not, what will you do!?

It's difficult to know what will happen. There are 63 provinces still selling alcohol (as of last night) and one is only 40 km away. However, with the travel restrictions currently in force it will not be easy. Anyway, I'm OK for another couple of weeks (5¾).

Have you ever seen the Monty Python sketch called Hungarian Phrasebook?
You could do something like that so when they think they are asking for two glasses of wine they are actually saying "my hovercraft is full of eels' or "I would like to fondle your buttocks."
Ha ha, sound like plan!

Sarana x

Don't know why she thinks she will get to Italy later this year. She is booking holidays at this time? Bonkers.
Buongiorno MG,
She an husband they very arrogant think they better than other people, she think money make anything happen. I will teach if I can but I think we have row at some time.
Sarana x

It's difficult to know what will happen. There are 63 provinces still selling alcohol (as of last night) and one is only 40 km away. However, with the travel restrictions currently in force it will not be easy. Anyway, I'm OK for another couple of weeks (5¾).

Another 4 [Edit 6] provinces went "booze free" today and another one will tonight. Unfortunately the latter is the one 40 km away from me! We are now surrounded by "booze free" provinces (and Cambodia).

Last edited:
No matter what else is in short supply Booze of all kinds are readily available. Great to live in a state with a high rate of alcoholism. 😏

I have a back door friend who gets it for me. Spirits are now available for delivery. Ridiculous laws and all over the place. Government have no idea. Coalition of idiots.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom