The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM brought the Commodore to the US, first as the Pontiac G8. Pontiac went out of business. Then, as the Chevy SS. I never actually saw one of those in person. Nobody bought them. They were too expensive for a Chevrolet sedan. They were more expensive than a loaded Audi A4 or BMW 3-Series, and priced about the same as GM's own Cadillac CTS-V, which had a supercharged Corvette engine. Exporting Australian cars to the US just hasn't worked out.

CD

Holden has shut down in Australia. A friend of mine has a Holden ute with a badged chev bow tie on it, powered by corvette motor. He recently sold it and bought a rolls Royce. Then he had it made into a ute. He's a millionaire who doesn't give a toss what people think. I'll put you up,a pic when I transfer pics over.

Russ

GM brought the Commodore to the US, first as the Pontiac G8. Pontiac went out of business. Then, as the Chevy SS. I never actually saw one of those in person. Nobody bought them. They were too expensive for a Chevrolet sedan. They were more expensive than a loaded Audi A4 or BMW 3-Series, and priced about the same as GM's own Cadillac CTS-V, which had a supercharged Corvette engine. Exporting Australian cars to the US just hasn't worked out.

CD

Pics of the rolls.

Wow. I'm not sure what to say. Yes, he clearly has more money than he needs, and doesn't care what anyone thinks. That's hideous. The big question is, WHY?

CD

He's a bit like me, doesn't conform to things. He likes to park it in shopping centres and get reactions from people , and he does get abuse for doing it. Water off a ducks back. He's a really funny guy I've known since he was a customer of mine 30 years ago. We get together every Xmas with another mutual friend for the " sole traders " Xmas party. That gets messy. He tells people a free fell on it.
Bare in mind I was at his house the day after he bought it. He said remind me not to buy stuff off the net while drunk. Think he paid 15k ?? Then got a body (car) builder to convert it. He wanted the only rolls ute in New Zealand. I know a lot of interesting people. He takes it to the races with the boot/trunk filled with food and drink with the lid up. It really is funny.

Russ

Duking it out with some neighbors today. Someone put a giant pile of trash on part of our garage in the back alley. I called the police twice and talked to the landlord of the offending tenants once and got no help with it at all. So I took matters into my own hands and blocked their driveway with it.

This is my old soda machine from back when we used to all get together in the alley. I have a sign on it that says "STOP do not put your trash here". As you can see the sign is ineffective.

This is all the garbage moved over into their driveway which goes about 50 yards further. It's the only way in and out for them.
I didn't make that mess and I am not cleaning it up. No justice no peace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom