The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to bed early last night. Fell asleep about 9PM. Woke up about 11PM. I've been awake ever since. I hate when this happens, because I'm going to crash sometime this afternoon.

CD
Same here. I went to bed at 10PM, smoke alarm honked at 12:30AM (false alarm), but I had to turn a few lights on and make the rounds to find the little complainer and reset it, and by then, I was wide awake.

I went to bed early last night. Fell asleep about 9PM. Woke up about 11PM. I've been awake ever since. I hate when this happens, because I'm going to crash sometime this afternoon.

CD

Because I work shifts I sometimes get my sleep patterns in a tizzy.

I also hate going to bed, my favourite quote is "you're asleep a long time when you're dead, I'm not wasting my life by being asleep now."

Because I work shifts I sometimes get my sleep patterns in a tizzy.

I also hate going to bed, my favourite quote is "you're asleep a long time when you're dead, I'm not wasting my life by being asleep now."
Not me, I look forward to going to bed most nights. I start getting a little giddy around 9PM, thinking, "Almost time for bed...almost!" 😴

I had to Google that.
Ormers.

It's 2AM, and I'm awake again. We had a thunderstorm roll though just before midnight, and I can hear another one coming. I don't know if it will kit my neighborhood, or not. Texas storms are that way.

I actually like thunderstorms. They are actually relaxing, for me -- well, unless the tornado sirens kick on. They only come on when a developing tornado is actually identified on Doppler radar. Then, I get a NWS alarm and verbal warning on my iPhone with detailed information.

CD

Same here, I love a good thunderstorm and enjoy sitting out on the porch as they roll through.

Blasted smoke alarm went off again at about midnight. I just disconnected it from the ceiling, threw it in the garage, and went back to bed. Maybe it's time for the backup battery to be changed.

I swear, in 35 years of living on my own, I've never, not once, had a smoke alarm chirp or go off during the day. Always in the middle of the fuc...bloody night. Some jerk must have hard-coded that into the device. 😡

It's 2AM, and I'm awake again. We had a thunderstorm roll though just before midnight, and I can hear another one coming. I don't know if it will kit my neighborhood, or not. Texas storms are that way.

I actually like thunderstorms. They are actually relaxing, for me -- well, unless the tornado sirens kick on. They only come on when a developing tornado is actually identified on Doppler radar. Then, I get a NWS alarm and verbal warning on my iPhone with detailed information.

CD

I love thunderstorms personally.

Workwise I could really do without them. Although our kit on the airfield and in our equipment room has lightning protection there is always the chance that something will be damaged by lightning.

We can usually see if there is a thunderstorm on the way as we record all radio and telephone traffic and the recorders capture the strikes as spikes. This is a mild thunderstorm.

There is an animation to the left which if you activate can help with direction.

Otherwise as far as I know it's just a check the page every 5 to 10 minutes to see if there is any movement.
From the looks of things it's moving away from you to the NE?
But there is another to your SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom