The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should try living in Dallas, Texas, the "buckle of the Bible Belt," if you aren't a Christian. I have to really be careful around other people, here.

Oh, by the way, I say Merry Christmas. Or, to my friends I know are Jews, I say Happy Hanukah. But, nothing wrong with Happy Holidays, either. It joins Christmas, Hanukah, and New Years into one well wishing greeting.

CD

My son and I always say merry xmas, happy Hanukkah, and happy festivus. Lol.

Russ

Mr Blank, don’t forget to write a letter to No-Santa FedExUPS. He might bring you this for Happy Holidays in December:
Madam Hermulen, as an Atheist Jew and ex IDF, I follow the tradition of "Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday which celebrates the victory of the Maccabees over the larger Syrian army". We have kicked butt for centuries. On the 25th Dec we nip up to Livno Bosnia to visit a great mate Ex Irish Guardsman, ex City of London Fraud Squad Detective, ex UN peace keeper and his wonderful Bosnian Muslim wife. The food and company are wonderful, no alcohol is served. The next day we make the short drive home stopping at the Mall of Split to worship in the Cathedral of Christmas Consumerism. The world wide Christian Festival of the post Christmas sale has started. We tend to have a quite Christian New years eve watching the fireworks on the beach below the balcony.
January 2nd we catch the overnight bus to Belgrade Serbia to celibate Orthodox Christian Christmas Jan 7th and New year Jan 14th, ( my Cabriolet is unsuitable for the drive)book into the Hyatt Regency. Mrs Blank goes out shopping. Her niece and husband (interpool) visit for dinner. We go to our fav floating restaurant on the Danube. The husband Dyan is a bit of a target for his work in helping capture Serb war crims so he is always armed with a glock. I carry his back up, a small Brazilian 38.
I then hire an SUV (snow) and the four of us drive down to the Family compound in Krusevac for a seven day food orgy with a break in the middle to go to the hot springs health Spa in nearby Vrnjacka Banja. You are being redirected...

Madam Hermulen, as an Atheist Jew and ex IDF, I follow the tradition of "Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday which celebrates the victory of the Maccabees over the larger Syrian army". We have kicked butt for centuries. On the 25th Dec we nip up to Livno Bosnia to visit a great mate Ex Irish Guardsman, ex City of London Fraud Squad Detective, ex UN peace keeper and his wonderful Bosnian Muslim wife. The food and company are wonderful, no alcohol is served. The next day we make the short drive home stopping at the Mall of Split to worship in the Cathedral of Christmas Consumerism. The world wide Christian Festival of the post Christmas sale has started. We tend to have a quite Christian New years eve watching the fireworks on the beach below the balcony.
January 2nd we catch the overnight bus to Belgrade Serbia to celibate Orthodox Christian Christmas Jan 7th and New year Jan 14th, ( my Cabriolet is unsuitable for the drive)book into the Hyatt Regency. Mrs Blank goes out shopping. Her niece and husband (interpool) visit for dinner. We go to our fav floating restaurant on the Danube. The husband Dyan is a bit of a target for his work in helping capture Serb war crims so he is always armed with a glock. I carry his back up, a small Brazilian 38.
I then hire an SUV (snow) and the four of us drive down to the Family compound in Krusevac for a seven day food orgy with a break in the middle to go to the hot springs health Spa in nearby Vrnjacka Banja. You are being redirected...

You really are making the most of Xmas!

Don't forget the pagan festival Yule/Winter Solstice! Pagans have the right idea they have 8 celebrations a year:

BBC - Religions - Paganism: The Pagan year

It was 90F today, but a cold front just now entered Frisco. The winds went from still, to strong and gusty from the North in about ten seconds. I can hear Thunder in the distance. Tomorrow's high is forecast to be 74F.

CD

Last week we saw the very first black news anchor on national TV. The fact that we have to celebrate these things tells so much of our society. It should simply be a given that competent people will get the job regardless of their gender or the color of their skin
1601297712420.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom