The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- - - Food-themed advent calendars are all the rage the last few years. We just ordered a Bonne Maman one for a friend (she saw ours from last year and flipped her wig for it).
They're awesome. There are calendars with e.g. tea and quality licorice in Finnish grocery stores and supermarkets. Some of my friends make their own calendars with small kitchen gadgets, St Dalfour mini jams, tiny liver patés, canned snails, spices, truffles, peppermint sticks etc. hanging from little numbered bags or pockets or wrapped in individual cardboard boxes. They're the best. We've had so many jam/cookie/chocolate/licorice/salmiak advent calendars over the years that I asked my hubby to buy me a nail polish calendar this year. You could order one, too, and see if some color matches your suspenders.

kynsilakat.JPG

Photo source: k-ruoka.fi (2019 edition)

Last edited:
When we went out for our meal on Friday there was a youngish couple, still early in their relationship sat at the table opposite us, her dress was cut so low at the front we were expecting an incident so we had warm spoons at the ready. :laugh:

Kudos to the guy for maintaining eye contact throughout.

Last year I got a tea advent calendar from my mom. It was fully of tea with spices which I really don't like :( I'd be happy to get Hemulen's nail polish calendar even though I don't think essence nail polishes are that good.

Last year, I did an advent calendar of sorts for two nieces; one tea, one coffee. What made it different is that I mailed each one their daily gift each day.

Last edited:
Last year I got a tea advent calendar from my mom. It was fully of tea with spices which I really don't like :( I'd be happy to get Hemulen's nail polish calendar even though I don't think essence nail polishes are that good.

Hey, my parents have a christmas calendar for their dog. There is a dog treat for every day in December. They refill it every year.

CD

12th October 1810 - The first Oktoberfest: The Bavarian royalty invites the citizens of Munich to join the celebration of the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.

Hey, my parents have a christmas calendar for their dog. There is a dog treat for every day in December. They refill it every year.

CD
This parent had a Christmas calendar for her little girl (and honored her privacy while opening the doors).

News article in 2018 (translation):

British Jess had bought her daughter Alissa a Garfield calendar. The girl opened the calendar every day and mumbled contentedly with the delicacies until she stopped eating. Jess wondered why the delicacies no longer taste good, and she opened door 11. A greenish cat delicacy was revealed from the hatch, and at the same time it became clear that the entire calendar was for cats.
"Ali said all the treats had been greenish, and she thought maybe an apple had been put in the chocolate," Jess told Mirror.

matcha.JPG

Photo: snixykitchen.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom