The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, our local news reported that Waco, TX has had an inch more snowfall in January than we've had all Winter. :o_o:

Well, Waco is always a bit different. At least it is snow this time, and not a religious cult.

Actually. Wichita Falls is usually the weather anomaly in Texas. It is not far from Dallas, but is always hotter in the summer and colder in the winter than anywhere near Dallas.

CD

How are you doing? Any word on the COVID testing?
Thank you so much for thinking of me ❤️ I'm doing good, I no longer have a sore throat but I do have more post-nasal drip now. I think I probably had sinusitis (my throat was itchy at the end of the day, my eyes felt heavy, I had very light paint on my ears and cheekbones) but with everything that's happening with covid you always worry a bit. Thank you, and hope you're doing well and staying safe too❤️

Thank you so much for thinking of me ❤️ I'm doing good, I no longer have a sore throat but I do have more post-nasal drip now. I think I probably had sinusitis (my throat was itchy at the end of the day, my eyes felt heavy, I had very light paint on my ears and cheekbones) but with everything that's happening with covid you always worry a bit. Thank you, and hope you're doing well and staying safe too❤️
I am so glad you're on the mend! Thanks for your good wishes too! :hug:

I've been waiting with bated breath for your update. I am so happy that he is taking this step and knows you both are by his side. It's so heartening to hear about families that love one another no matter what. I know it's been hard on you and your husband and you've made it through together!

Good wishes for this brand new start for you all!
I am just very happy knowing my stepson is willing to work on himself, that really is such a relief. That really improves his perspective in life.

As for myself I also have some good news: The prednisone dose is too low according to my doctor to cause my heartrate to skyrocket, but he said there was another ingredient in my inhaler that causes my heart to work harder. He's now given me an inhaler without that ingredient, and indeed my heartrate has dropped and so has my stress level. So I am starting to feel a little better now too :okay:

Glad to hear you feel better!

What we get in Dallas in the winter is a light rain, or sometimes just a drizzle or a mist. When it is cold and there is this mist in the air, the whole world seems to be a gloomy shade of grey, and you get wet walking to the mailbox.

CD

I think Milano and Dallas have just twinned.

Last edited:
Well, Waco is always a bit different. At least it is snow this time, and not a religious cult.

Actually. Wichita Falls is usually the weather anomaly in Texas. It is not far from Dallas, but is always hotter in the summer and colder in the winter than anywhere near Dallas.

CD
(Awkward transition but luckily this is the general chat thread). Wichita Falls... When my hubby and I started dating back in the 80's, I heard him mention "Bad Method(y)" and I thought his pronunciation of English was really bad. I realized later that he was talking about Pat Metheny :roflmao:. We were at a Metheny's gig in Espoo several years back. A nice artist with pressed/creased jeans.

Last edited:
(Awkward transition but luckily this is the general chat thread). Wichita Falls... When my hubby and I started dating back in the 80's, I heard him mention "Bad Method(y)" and I thought his pronunciation of English was really bad. I realized later that he was talking about Pat Metheny :roflmao:. We were at a Metheny's gig in Espoo several years back. A nice artist with pressed/creased jeans.

Pat Metheny group did some nice stuff. Nothing world changing, but good music to listen to while stoned... Well, that's what I've heard. :whistling:

CD

Just bopping in to say Hi...HI!

Pat Metheny group did some nice stuff. Nothing world changing, but good music to listen to while stoned... Well, that's what I've heard. :whistling:

CD

He puts on an incredible live show. Got to see him play the Picasso guitar, which was pretty frickin' cool.

Your summer has been a lot more volatile than ours ever was. Is that normal down under?

Our winters in Texas are weird and unpredictable -- short sleeves in the morning and ice storm six hours later is not uncommon. But summers here are pretty consistently hot.

CD
Yes.
It's one reason Aussies wear socks with sandals. It's too cold on the morning not to have socks on, but warms up quickly... before long it is too warm to wear socks so off they come and sandals or thongs as they call them (flip flops to the rest of the world) become what's needed...
It's the same with layers and tops.
Yesterday I went out (7am) in a short sleeve t shirt and knee length shorts/leggings, with a sleeveless dress over the top, socks and sandals (or a sock and a sandal). After physio so around 9am, I removed the dress and the sock... By 11am I had put the dress back on and list the t-shirt and shorts!
The reverse happens in the evening with a thin 4ply cardigan often being needed.

A couple of years ago we went from 41°C to 2.1°C inside 36hrs. But that's nothing compared to the storm fronts that come through where the temperature can drop 10-20°C (usually 20°C and sometimes as much as 25°C) inside 10 minutes.

But that is just this part (south east) of Australia. This heatwave mind you is covering more than 750km... Melbourne is some distance from me and i do mean that, and they are getting the same weather... I've not checked to see if Tasmania is getting it or not but the whole of this corner of Australia is. We were looking it up for a touring cyclist who stayed with us a couple of nights ago. Even heading into the Snowy mountains right into the heart to Australia's highest mountain (Mount Kosciusko at 2,228 metres (7,310 ft)) is is the same weather.

Hubby & I have taken the decision to postpone his operation (ankle fusion on Feb 15th)

My physiotheraphy appointment yesterday didn't deliver good news. The ankle and foot must stay in the bootie for at least 4 weeks. Recovery is expected to be 4-8 weeks, but we don't know yet how bad the damage is yet. My physio is talking about me needing an operation, so I guess in his experience it may be bad enough that I need one. I need to have an ultrasound done on it to establish the damage. That won't be done until 1st Feb. I won't get the results until I see him again on the 4th. Right now all I can do is rest it, not use it and not take it out of the bootie expect to wash it very carefully or to shower on a chair (good thing we have one! ) so because it won't be out if the bootie before hubby's op, and I can't drive because it's my right ankle...
To say I'm gutted is beyond words. I didn't want to be the reason his op got cancelled and I am. Grr. So annoyed right now and so close to tears.

I didn't want to be the reason his op got cancelled and I am. Grr. So annoyed right now and so close to tears.
Don't beat yourself up about it. It can't be helped and I'm sure he gets that it's not your fault - it's just the way things go sometimes. I'm betting he'd much rather have you back to rights first, anyway.

He'll get his done, just a bit of a delay. It'll get there.

Reactions: mjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom