The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh those are beautiful dogs. And strong and smart. You bred them? For your neighbours and friends? Or to sell?

I bred them, I was given a good pedigree long haired bitch, a young lady couldn't control her, she was very headstrong. I sorted her out and mated her with a sparky I knew. His was a good pedigree also. I registered my name as a kennels name with nz kennel assn.
I made enough from 6 pups, she had 9 from memory but some had overshot jaws. We only kept the best.
I got a knock on my door about 2 years later by a cop. He waned to know if I was still breeding. One of the pups went on to be the youngest dog to qualify as a police dog. Made front page news here. We had cops at our door for s few years after that. We only bred the one litter.
The money paid for a 6m X 6 m ( 20ft X 20 ft) garage.

Russ

One of the pups went on to be the youngest dog to qualify as a police dog
Wow, well done! Amazing experience!
I admire police dogs and working dogs in general. Such fascinating creatures and abilities.
Yep, good money.
I watched quite a few military dog training videos, and stories how they save lives.
It is such a plus to have a dog aboard a team.
Mike Ritland, the ex Us Navy Seal, whose work I admire, is a military and police and protection dog trainer. Plus he has a Warrior Dog Foundation for retired dogs, with a variety of issues.
He had some strongheaded and aggressive ones too, and managed.

Believe to buy one trained dog it is around 80.000 usd.

Snow here, too 😯

I bred German shepherds 30 odd years ago, the bitch I had I walked daily or ran daily on tarseal or concrete, I'm guessing that's why she never had her nails done.?

Russ
Yes that's why. Keena and our pugs had a fenced yard to run in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom