The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to settle on the steps

View attachment 60687

Instead of a dusting of snow, what we have right now is a dusting of yellow pollen. It is live oak tree pollen. When it peaks, every horizontal surface outside will be covered with a yellow layer of pollen.

Unknown-3.jpeg

CD

Instead of a dusting of snow, what we have right now is a dusting of yellow pollen. It is live oak tree pollen. When it peaks, every horizontal surface outside will be covered with a yellow layer of pollen.

View attachment 60698

CD

I had heard about that all my life, but we lived in town in Kentucky so I thought people were exaggerating. I've always lived in the city in Florida so never had that happen here either. Then, I happened to be visiting my dad in rural Mississippi at the "right" time and OMG we came out in early afternoon to go somewhere and my silver car was pollen yellow, even the windshield.

I had heard about that all my life, but we lived in town in Kentucky so I thought people were exaggerating. I've always lived in the city in Florida so never had that happen here either. Then, I happened to be visiting my dad in rural Mississippi at the "right" time and OMG we came out in early afternoon to go somewhere and my silver car was pollen yellow, even the windshield.

It happens in the cities and suburbs here, too. Anywhere there are oak trees (which is everywhere, here). You should see when it rains after a week or two of pollen settling. There are rivers of yellow running down the streets to the storm drains. Maple trees are pollinating, too, according to pollen.com. Maples don't (naturally) grow in North Texas. You are not even allowed to plant them in Frisco.

And no, Lullabelle, it is not good for people with allergies. In fact, it is miserable.

CD

Last edited:
This looks so ridiculously cool. There is going to be a Van Gogh exhibit in Detroit this summer, but it won't be just paintings hanging on the walls. Instead, the paintings will be the walls....and the floors. In the image below, the shadows are people, so you get an idea of the scale. Note the projection on the floor, too.

Home Page - Beyond Van Gogh Detroit

1617816321879.png

Went to have two moles removed and like everyone told me it was really a breeze. What no one told me is that I wouldn't be able to shower today.
This looks so ridiculously cool. There is going to be a Van Gogh exhibit in Detroit this summer, but it won't be just paintings hanging on the walls. Instead, the paintings will be the walls....and the floors. In the image below, the shadows are people, so you get an idea of the scale. Note the projection on the floor, too.

View attachment 60757
We had same thing in Lisbon last year, "Meeting Vincent Van Gogh".

View attachment 60757

We had the same in Milano but with Edward Hopper artworks and it was amazing. I can only image how great it would be with Van Gogh who I like very much

We had the same in Milano but with Edward Hopper artworks and it was amazing. I can only image how great it would be with Van Gogh who I like very much
Well I'd trade Van Gogh for Edward Hopper any day 🤩 I didn't go to the Van Gogh one in Lisbon, I had already seen some of his works at the Louvre. Impressionism is not my cup of tea anyway.

Well I'd trade Van Gogh for Edward Hopper any day 🤩 I didn't go to the Van Gogh one in Lisbon, I had already seen some of his works at the Louvre. Impressionism is not my cup of tea anyway.

I have been to the Van Gogh Museum when in Amsterdam and I was impressed by his works, I really liked them. A friend of mine gave me a book mostly focused on his life, then a DVD about his paintings.
But I have to say that when I saw Edward Hopper’s works “live”, it blown my mind. I’ve always liked Hopper, from that day I love him and all his artworks :)

I've been to a Van Gogh exhibit at the Kimbell Museum in Fort Worth. It is a fantastic museum designed by architect Louis Kahn. In the DFW area, the Kimbell gets all the big names in traveling artwork exhibits.

CD

Went to have two moles removed and like everyone told me it was really a breeze. What no one told me is that I wouldn't be able to shower today.

We had same thing in Lisbon last year, "Meeting Vincent Van Gogh".
Hang in there...you will be fine soon! it is important to keep possible infections out...I had once a little bump removed from my forehead, udner the hair, and I could not shower for 10 days, and it was summer:hyper:

Good and irritated at the moment.

Monday, the backsplash was supposed to be installed, but they called and cancelled because they had some installers out sick.

"I'll look at what I have for crews in your area and call you back in a bit."

No call by today, and I had the blinds guys coming out to do the blinds (which are done), so as soon as they were done, I called the tile installers.

After about 20 minutes on hold, I got a guy who said, "Let me have the scheduler give you a call back, should be less than two hours."

After three hours, I called back and their voice prompts had changed to "leave a message" only, no option for hold, so I called Lowe's, where I'd ordered the instal through.

The woman at Lowe's put me on hold, then came back and said, "I'm on a live chat with the scheduler right now, they can do...May 14th."

I said that wasn't acceptable, as this was supposed to be done in March and was already bumped twice, so she said, "Ok, she says she can have a crew there next week, but she'll call you with the time and date, as soon as she can."

That was an hour ago. No call yet. I hate being a jerk, because it usually doesn't work out well for anybody, but I'm at the point of driving my couple of boxes of tile and grout back to Lowe's and dumping them on the tile manager's desk and getting my money back. The bad thing is, that puts me back in the queue wherever else I go and it would likely be after May anyway. 😡

Monday, the backsplash was supposed to be installed, but they called and cancelled because they had some installers out sick.

No call by today, and I had the blinds guys coming out to do the blinds (which are done), so as soon as they were done, I called the tile installers.

After about 20 minutes on hold, I got a guy who said, "Let me have the scheduler give you a call back, should be less than two hours."

After three hours, I called back and their voice prompts had changed to "leave a message" only, no option for hold, so I called Lowe's, where I'd ordered the instal through.

The woman at Lowe's put me on hold, then came back and said, "I'm on a live chat with the scheduler right now, they can do...May 14th."

I said that wasn't acceptable, as this was supposed to be done in March and was already bumped twice, so she said, "Ok, she says she can have a crew there next week, but she'll call you with the time and date, as soon as she can."

That was an hour ago. No call yet. I hate being a jerk, because it usually doesn't work out well for anybody, but I'm at the point of driving my couple of boxes of tile and grout back to Lowe's and dumping them on the tile manager's desk and getting my money back. The bad thing is, that puts me back in the queue wherever else I go and it would likely be after May anyway. 😡
Oh that is horrible. You must feel angry. I do understand. I've had, everybody had, some horror stories with craftsmen and repairs...

All the things you were told, promising to call you back, can be distilled down to this:

I'm going to say a bunch of reassuring words so I can hang up the phone and not have to deal with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom