The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which clever sod pronounced that you get more sensible as you get older?

I'm 72 years old and the other day I picked a loose piece of batter from the deep fry with metal tongs and went to bite it.

My lip has still not healed!
Best wishes for healing. It really happens to all of us.
My boyfriend's Mom had fish deep frying in a pan. She bowed to reach a dish in the oven. The pan handle was not tucked in....
She got hot oil spilled over her shoulder and back. Bad bad burns.
Was not present, was told the event. In January I think...
It healed. But it was nasty.
🍀 Take sufficient rest.
That sort of stuff happens to me when I am tired, or rushing ...take care.

On my way to work I saw this van. Cod express. My eyebrows went up, Are you kidding me?? They got cod deliveries? Cod stew, cod fried,...😂
Only to find out it was just a normal delivery company, one of many that deal with the risen online sales&deliveries.
Took a photo😄😎

Just booked a six-night trip to Florida set for July. This is meant to be our first foray into retirement location scouting. We'll see how it goes.

I'm not too thrilled about Florida at all, and that's an understatement, but we're supposed to also take a similar trip later in the year to North Carolina, which I'm much more agreeable to.

Just booked a six-night trip to Florida set for July. This is meant to be our first foray into retirement location scouting. We'll see how it goes.

I'm not too thrilled about Florida at all, and that's an understatement, but we're supposed to also take a similar trip later in the year to North Carolina, which I'm much more agreeable to.
What area of Florida? Don't you dislike the heat - do I remember that correctly?

Chch has a big food show at hornbrook arena, (large indoor area ) im picking up my mate and we wil spend a few hours there, I may get some new ideas ? At worst I'll have free samples all day.!
$20 entry but my wife got two freebies from poo pourri book.
Leaving soon.

Russ

Florida, eh? Well, you wouldn't need to buy a lot of new clothes -- just cut the legs off of the pants you have. :D

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 6.06.35 PM.png

CD

What area of Florida? Don't you dislike the heat - do I remember that correctly?
Winter Garden; and yes, Mr. Sun and I are mortal enemies from way back.

We have to find some middle ground, though. Left to my own devices, I'd retire to somewhere like Caribou, Maine and MrsT would choose Key West or something like that.

This is our very first scouting trip. I don't expect anything to come from it.

...and no, even in Florida, I won't wear short pants! I'm not a schoolboy!
Nearly everybody wears short pants at some point down here.

Winter Gardens gets a little more colder weather than we do, but not by very much. It's less than 3 hours away by Turnpike. We are going to have temps of mid to high 80s as highs starting tomorrow, and low 70s for the lows.

The place was horncastle arena.
rascal That looks nice. It is a multipurpose hall.
We have Arena Zagreb seats 16.500, Celine Dion will sing there in 2022...next to it is a shopping center Arena, that hosts McD, Kfc, and a few more, continental style, Asian style...there was a big dining area, do not know how its spaced now...and a few good coffee shops.
Our food fairs are much much smaller though...often Open air stands or a tent for say 200-300 people...at the main city square...at least the ones I've seen...general public ones.
Was yours a professionals/industry?

caseydog At&t is gigantic. Wooow.
Can't imagine what it feels like to be there. Is it loud? Does one feel safe?(pre Covid) Is there food one can get during a game?
I went to see a Judo world championship in another large sports center in Zagreb, Dom sportova. Some time ago. Hosts 10.000.
It felt ok as there was very little audience.
The entryway has those stands with soda and popcorn or chips or candy bars...don't know about actual food.
It is a bit confusing, it looks all the same, but one follows the letters and works ok.
The overall athmosphere was good. Co-fighters and trainers cheering, instructing.
But at a football match, open air, on another occasion, 15 y ago, that was maddness! Sooo many exhilarated people, loud,some lightly drunk already, pumped up, squeeezing together, rushing to get to their seats...I hated it. The game was good and to see it live was a new experience, but the overall was ...nop...not my cup of tea. I never went to such a football match live again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom