The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rascal That looks nice. It is a multipurpose hall.
We have Arena Zagreb seats 16.500, Celine Dion will sing there in 2022...next to it is a shopping center Arena, that hosts McD, Kfc, and a few more, continental style, Asian style...there was a big dining area, do not know how its spaced now...and a few good coffee shops.
Our food fairs are much much smaller though...often Open air stands or a tent for say 200-300 people...at the main city square...at least the ones I've seen...general public ones.
Was yours a professionals/industry?

Yeah about 200 individual stalls, cheeses salamis booze ice cream it's all there. They charge $20 but I got free from my wife. I saw Billy Connolly there many years ago, our black ferns netball play internationals there as well.

Russ

Upstairs neighbor decided to start dragging furniture around 7AM in the morning. She didn't do it for a long time and it didn't seem like she was moving a lot of furniture but she definitely woke me up. I thought of going upstairs and complaining but I decided to stay in bed and try to fall asleep again (my alarm goes off at 8AM). Now I regret it because if I go upstairs and complain she can deny it like she denied bleaching my bed sheets.

More and more I want to contact our apartment managers and inform them of the dog she's probably keeping illegaly in her house, my only fear is that this will somehow backfire on me and I need a home. I'm only staying here until I have money to buy a house, so when I leave, I will complain about her dog. If find out she's leaving before I do I will tell them about the dog as well.

Had a letter from the Government yesterday, apparently dad paid too much tax so they sent me a cheque-it was unexpected-if they hadn't notified me then I would not have known, ok it isn't much but still...

Around about '96 I think, the British Inland Revenue amended their system to require workers to self assess their taxation situation. I was basically alone (as a Brit) in Kuala Lumpur and didn't have a clue how to fill in the form. I rang the company accountant and asked him how I deal with the two company cars (one still in UK and one in KL) and my apartment rent, overseas allowance etc? He didn't have a clue either.

I just listed everything I could think of as I was aware that being employed overseas that I wasn't subject to UK tax anyway.

The Inland Revenue sent me a bill for £24,000.00!

I rang the office and the lady there pointed out that I hadn't "ticked the box" to say that I wasn't liable for UK tax. I should tick the box on my copy and fax it to her which I did.

A couple of weeks later I received a bill for £0.00 and a request to send them a cheque for that amount. I thought about it but decided not to rock the boat.

caseydog At&t is gigantic. Wooow.
Can't imagine what it feels like to be there. Is it loud? Does one feel safe?(pre Covid) Is there food one can get during a game?
I went to see a Judo world championship in another large sports center in Zagreb, Dom sportova. Some time ago. Hosts 10.000.
It felt ok as there was very little audience.
The entryway has those stands with soda and popcorn or chips or candy bars...don't know about actual food.
It is a bit confusing, it looks all the same, but one follows the letters and works ok.
The overall athmosphere was good. Co-fighters and trainers cheering, instructing.
But at a football match, open air, on another occasion, 15 y ago, that was maddness! Sooo many exhilarated people, loud,some lightly drunk already, pumped up, squeeezing together, rushing to get to their seats...I hated it. The game was good and to see it live was a new experience, but the overall was ...nop...not my cup of tea. I never went to such a football match live again...

AT&T Stadium hosts the NFL team Dallas Cowboys. It is safe, and plenty of food and beverages (including beer and wine) is available to purchase. I have not been inside. To go to an NFL (American) football game, with tickets food and some beer costs over $100 per person. The cost, and the fact that I am not a Cowboys fan, means I won't be going there.

My city of Frisco's school district owns a 12,000 seat indoor (American) football stadium that also hosts concerts.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom