The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nipped out to do some shopping yesterday evening, M&S have a sign on their window-bra fitting is back...in store or online..not sure how that works :unsure:
I heard there are apps for measuring...and recommending, even a try on set delivered to your door...unsure how its titled...
Or the oldfashioned try on in a cabin?
I hated it prior to pandemics, now I never think of trying anything on,just buy, not always the best outcome but 🤷...not too many misses either...
Do they explain on their website?

The half-decent bakery that we had in our high street has closed for good now and what have we to replace it? Yet another cafe. There are now five cafes just at one end of the street. That means there are three things of which we have far too many in this town: cafes, hairdressers and idiots.

I know what you mean, the town I live in has 11 hair salons 6 cafes 9 charity shops and 1 supermarket, population 4000:mad:

Let's see...we're at about 14,000 - we have three grocers and a single doughnut shop, but I can get (factory) baked goods at the grocers. No proper bakery, though. I don't even know where the closest proper bakery is.

I heard there are apps for measuring...and recommending, even a try on set delivered to your door...unsure how its titled...
Or the oldfashioned try on in a cabin?
I hated it prior to pandemics, now I never think of trying anything on,just buy, not always the best outcome but 🤷...not too many misses either...
Do they explain on their website?
I have no idea to be honest. I prefer a hands on fitting with a professionally trained fitter.

Let's see...we're at about 14,000 - we have three grocers and a single doughnut shop, but I can get (factory) baked goods at the grocers. No proper bakery, though. I don't even know where the closest proper bakery is.
No bakery in the town, the nearest 8 miles away. But lately I do all the baking

My kid expressed a desire for American pancakes, this evening. She will be home soon.

Boyfriend is prepared for the surgery tomorrow morning. Hopefully in the afternoon he will be awake and text ready.

Hopefully it will be a turning point for his 10 month health issues, to the better.

All the best for him, sending positive thoughts to your boyfriend and a big hug to you :hug:

You couldn't make it up, part 23,836:

"It is frankly absurd that the Financial Conduct Authority is paying hundreds of thousands of pounds to Google to warn consumers against investment advertisements from which Google is already receiving millions in revenue."

Not the words of a bolshie leftie like me, but the chairman of the aforementioned FCA, the senior financial regulator in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom