The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on holidays this week and we're taking the opportunity to visit some nice places in Portugal. Here is Arrabida, on the estuary of the Sado river
IMG_20210511_112800.jpg

This government wears me down by the day. The latest drivel is the intention to introduce photo ID for in-person election voting. This will cost something in the region of 20 million quid per election.

The number of convictions for electoral fraud in 2019? One. Yep, one person, who for some reason decided to vote twice in elections for the European Parliament. So obviously we need to stamp out this widespread practice. Wouldn't it just be simpler for some civil servant to phone the guy up and say, "Sorry, Bill, you're not allowed to vote this time"?

This government wears me down by the day. The latest drivel is the intention to introduce photo ID for in-person election voting. This will cost something in the region of 20 million quid per election.

The number of convictions for electoral fraud in 2019? One. Yep, one person, who for some reason decided to vote twice in elections for the European Parliament. So obviously we need to stamp out this widespread practice. Wouldn't it just be simpler for some civil servant to phone the guy up and say, "Sorry, Bill, you're not allowed to vote this time"?
Wow, you all are really determined to out-America America.

Well, we'll always have mass shootings. You can't take that from us.

Wow, you all are really determined to out-America America.

I don't think that's possible given all the new voting laws Republican led states are passing, including Florida. Our governor couldn't wait to sign the new laws that are only going to make it more difficult for various groups of voters, namely seniors, disabled people, and certain ethnic groups.

I read about this bollocks today.

I don't think that's possible given all the new voting laws Republican led states are passing, including Florida. Our governor couldn't wait to sign the new laws that are only going to make it more difficult for various groups of voters, namely seniors, disabled people, and certain ethnic groups.

Yep, voter turnout was at a record high in 2020, and Republicans lost. So, time to suppress the vote.

It's a damp, cool and overcast day, and I'm in a funky mood. I didn't want to get out of bed. I really need to have a post-Covid revival in my business -- or just get another job. I'm home alone too much -- I even miss airport food. :facepalm:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom