The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I am not understanding very well the point about criminal assault and how football is played :scratchhead:

The competition, money, celebrity, passion are the keys when you play whatever sport professionally, I think
I'm seconding caseydog. I think the talk is about rough play in general (not especially Italian players) and pushing one’s physical and mental abilities to the limits on the pitch. Soccer has always been a tough sport. Rules are a bit stricter nowadays. In my mind, professional sports are mainly about passion, motivation and the love for sports – not for money or celebrity. Money eases living and training opportunities but celebrity and paparazzis might be a nuisance to many famous sportspersons.

I appreciate people who train on a daily basis and relinquish a lot just to make it in the world of sports. Many of them suffer from mental issues and physical injuries, challenges in personal and public relations and problems with alcohol or drugs. Only a few sportsmen or -women make it to the top or make their living on mere sports: several top scorers and WR makers are semi-professionals with completely different ”real life” professions. E.g. the Finnish Olympic gold winner in trap shooting Satu Mäkelä-Nummela worked as a waitress at a local gas station restaurant while competing. Heikki Savolainen, a double Olympic gold winner in gymnastics, was a doctor in profession. I’m not a fan of Finnish professional F1 drivers who don’t pay taxes and transfer their citizenship to Monaco the moment they start to earn millions.

I'm seconding caseydog. I think the talk is about rough play in general (not especially Italian players) and pushing one’s physical and mental abilities to the limits on the pitch. Soccer has always been a tough sport. Rules are a bit stricter nowadays. In my mind, professional sports are mainly about passion, motivation and the love for sports – not for money or celebrity. Money eases living and training opportunities but celebrity and paparazzis might be a nuisance to many famous sportspersons.

I appreciate people who train on a daily basis and relinquish a lot just to make it in the world of sports. Many of them suffer from mental issues and physical injuries, challenges in personal and public relations and problems with alcohol or drugs. Only a few sportsmen or -women make it to the top or make their living on mere sports: several top scorers and WR makers are semi-professionals with completely different ”real life” professions. E.g. the Finnish Olympic gold winner in trap shooting Satu Mäkelä-Nummela worked as a waitress at a local gas station restaurant while competing. Heikki Savolainen, a double Olympic gold winner in gymnastics, was a doctor in profession. I’m not a fan of Finnish professional F1 drivers who don’t pay taxes and transfer their citizenship to Monaco the moment they start to earn millions.

Yes I got it, I had a translation/ meaning lack that didn’t allow me to understand the whole concept - not referred only to Italian players of course :thumbsup: (in fact I referred to Brazilian thing)

All done :thumbsup:

12 deg c here today, overcast and mr7 here for the day, he was up coughing during the night so daughter thought he would spend the day here, while she's at work. His school are quite tight with sick kids at school. He's playing on my Samsung phone. I have some fresh ham here for his lunch.

Russ

Had a reaction to my jab, forced myself to get out of bed otherwise I would sleep the clock round.

Being very tired after the second shot is common, and on the good side, it is a sign that the first shot did what it was supposed to do. Your side effects are caused by your immune system reacting to the second shot. It should only las a day.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom