The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumba$$ quote of the day...

"I want to thank every Amazon employee and every Amazon customer because you guys paid for all this," Billionaire Jeff Bezos after his ten minute flight to space.

His low-wage employees were NOT as appreciative as Bezos may have expected. I wonder why?

CD

It is 72F/22C at 6:23AM. That's crazy for late July here. mid 90sF during the day this week, but not bad at night. Next week is supposed to be more normal, with afternoon temperatures over 100F/38C much of the week. :heat:

CD

Dumba$$ quote of the day...

"I want to thank every Amazon employee and every Amazon customer because you guys paid for all this," Billionaire Jeff Bezos after his ten minute flight to space.

His low-wage employees were NOT as appreciative as Bezos may have expected. I wonder why?

CD
Just imagine being such an incredible ego. I'll refrain from stating the rest of my ideas about his personality.

Tuesday night is a bit of a blur. Our close friend who is a lawyer for the Croatian State Prosecutor's Office came over with her friend a Detective to celebrate this "Lada Pocrnić Mladinić , former head of the Construction Department of the city of Split, who was arrested on Tuesday morning together with her husband Nevena in a large USKOK operation, has already been confirmed with an indictment for abuse of office and authority." Split is a very safe city, but it is riddled with corruption. The old guard ran the city. Now these "kids" who are free of the old corrupt system are fighting back. We are very proud of her. She gave up a very lucrative private practice to work for USKOK. This is the start hopefully of many arrests in both Split and Zagreb.

It was -6°C here overnight last night. Currently not appreciating the cold. It made it to a stunning 5.9°C this afternoon but despite that I still managed to get 2 loads of difficult to dry washing dry on the line (we've no tumbledrier).

Hubby told me that the car was reading -5°C when he hit the flood plain this morning. Lots of rain recently means that the 2 dips in the road (very deliberate dips that require you to slow down) have been full of water for quite some time now. Luckily the road is quiet at the best of times. At 6:30am it was deserted... he told me that it was 'interesting' which is his way of saying he was driving too fast. So -5°C, standing water over tarmac on a flood plain and they don't grit roads here in Australia (not much need for most of them but even major roads in the areas that get ice and snow don't get gritted). Interesting means he was "glad there was no one around"...

:headshake:

Wow, you have a form? At my job, we just don't show up! :wink:

We have an absence form and a return to work form. If there was a fire then it helps to know who is/isn't in the building.

She plays on her 'health issues' and I am starting to think maybe her boss is regretting them hiring her.

Last edited:
I took my Dad fishing today, nothing caught except a sunburn (me) 😅

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday night is a bit of a blur. Our close friend who is a lawyer for the Croatian State Prosecutor's Office came over with her friend a Detective to celebrate this "Lada Pocrnić Mladinić , former head of the Construction Department of the city of Split, who was arrested on Tuesday morning together with her husband Nevena in a large USKOK operation, has already been confirmed with an indictment for abuse of office and authority." Split is a very safe city, but it is riddled with corruption. The old guard ran the city. Now these "kids" who are free of the old corrupt system are fighting back. We are very proud of her. She gave up a very lucrative private practice to work for USKOK. This is the start hopefully of many arrests in both Split and Zagreb.
And the band played on.
Zvonko Kotarac and his brother Ivan Kotarac , Mario Jukić , owner of "Mister Mota", architects Emil Šverko and Neno Kezić were arrested . Police also raided Banovina, and arrested Lada Pocrnić Mladinić , former head of the Department of Construction of the Administrative Department for Physical Planning and Construction of the City of Split, as well as her husband Neven Mladinić , then Ljiljana Poletti Kopešić , senior advisor for the implementation of spatial planning documents, Boris Marelja , head of the Department for the Implementation of Spatial Planning Documents, and Danijela Špalj , former councilor of Kerum's HGS.

So, on Tuesday morning, the well-known 65-year-old Split construction entrepreneur Zvonimir Kotarac and his 60-year-old brother Ivan were arrested. As part of the investigation, Kotarč's apartment in Križine, the offices of his companies "Plavi safir" and "Dal-koning" and two of his BMW cars were searched. Investigators also searched his brother's apartment at the same address and his Mercedes C 220 CDI.

According to unofficial information, Kotarac is charged with a total of seven criminal offenses of inciting abuse of office and authority. Investigators suspect that Lada Pocrnić Mladinić, former head of the Construction Department of the Administrative Department for Physical Planning and Construction of the City of Split, who was also arrested on Tuesday, from the beginning of 2017 to the end of January this year, at the request of Zvonko Kotarac as the owner of the company. " Plavi safir "and his brother Ivan Kotarac, who is the head of the company's business, urged Ljiljana Poletti Kopešić, senior construction consultant in the city's Administrative Department for Physical Planning, to build the Amphora Hotel in Žnjan and the residential building on the land next to the hotel. and construction, that Kotarci, contrary to the location conditions,"
Three years ago I and ten residents of Znjan got together and forced a judge to stop construction work on the Amphora as it broke the law of construction work within the specified tourist season. Zvonko Kotarac was very upset with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom