The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets put it this way (and I don't really drink, and certainly never had any red wine except in cooking), if it were a bottle of red wine, with that vintage, I'd be staying well away from it (vintage=5 minutes!)….:drink: :whistling:
Not able to repeat because we're in the middle of a blizzard right now!

Well I think its a beautiful photo - so much so that I'm using it as one of my desktop backgrounds :D.

I can't get over how the temperatures where you are fluctuate so much between day and night. Does that happen in other parts of the world?

Well I think its a beautiful photo - so much so that I'm using it as one of my desktop backgrounds :D.
:okay: It was actually taken through a pane of glass! (we only have single glazing. double glazing is a novelty here as is insulation!
I can't get over how the temperatures where you are fluctuate so much between day and night. Does that happen in other parts of the world?
I honestly don't know. I have seen 15C temperature fluctuations in the UK, and Europe as a whole, but here it's closer to 25C which is taking a little getting used to tbh. I've travelled reasonably widely, covering 25 or more countries I think, mostly Europe but not experienced anything quite like this. I know this cold front has come in from the Antarctic and southern ocean, but its the speed at which the changes occur that is staggering - losing 2C every hour for 12 hours straight.
I'll upload the 'local' airport (never sussed out exactly where that is, its not a commercial one) weather observation for the last 24 hours. It makes for fascinating viewing!

25°C yesterday afternoon... 1am this morning, snow and -0.1°C.. less than 12hrs.

View attachment 32172

Sorry about the white balance but it was only just light when I took it.

Beautiful pic, last week I was driving on the desert road in the north island, snow was falling all around me but not settling. It was amazing.

Russ

:okay: It was actually taken through a pane of glass! (we only have single glazing. double glazing is a novelty here as is insulation!

I honestly don't know. I have seen 15C temperature fluctuations in the UK, and Europe as a whole, but here it's closer to 25C which is taking a little getting used to tbh. I've travelled reasonably widely, covering 25 or more countries I think, mostly Europe but not experienced anything quite like this. I know this cold front has come in from the Antarctic and southern ocean, but its the speed at which the changes occur that is staggering - losing 2C every hour for 12 hours straight.
I'll upload the 'local' airport (never sussed out exactly where that is, its not a commercial one) weather observation for the last 24 hours. It makes for fascinating viewing!

View attachment 32183

Pretty much the same here. 21 deg c yesterday and the news last night predicted a frost this morning. I don't think there was as I slept til 9 am. Beautiful here again today.

Russ

Never really got chance to say anything about the weekend. We went swimming on Sunday as usual. I have full site membership of the gym and swimming pool, but hubby had been paying to go swimming each time he comes with me on a Sunday. After our swim whilst he was having a coffee, I wet up to reception to ask about the swim only deals they have. 20 swims in 6 months would save us AUD$30-$40. If he didn't quite manage to use all of them in 6 months we could request as extra month few of charge. But then she asked me if I had any concession cards. I explained that I don't because I'm a British citizen with a permanent residency visa in the process of waiting long enough to apply for citizenship at which point I'll be entitled to the disability benefits. Right now all i get in either country is an Australian disabled parking badge. Luckily i can use the Aussie one in the UK, the same as i did for the UK one when i first arrived in Australia. But we have to wait a while yet to be entitled to any help. She said hang on... went off and had a word with 2 of her colleagues and the site manager... comes back and offers us a concession 20 swim card for my hubby, saving us another AUD $50‐$60. It basically makes his swimming half price. Apparently if I was Australian (just me, not hubby! ), both of us would get in free to use the facilities! I thought it really kind of them to offer that without us asking.

Ridiculous situation here. One month ago water was severely rationed and the drillers were doing a roaring trade installing well pumps.

Now we have unprecedented flooding 150 and 100 km east of us and 50 km north. At one location today it was said to be 1.00 metre deep in the town centre.

View attachment 32150
That's terrible. Are you and your property okay?
It's cooler today. Continuing to box and bag up clothing etc. for donation to hurricane victims.

View attachment 32223
Left to right: Cornish Blue, Cropwell Bishop, Dona Encarnacion, Tomme Des Orties. We bought some Cornish Blue.
Have you thought of doing a thread specific to type cheese club outings? You could easily do a little bit on each cheese/ what you thought of each cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom