The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day spent getting proof of id. So bank statement and various other items. All signed by my solicitor and couriered to the company concerned!! My aunt who died last year has left me some money. Not a lot, but worth a day spent seeing people.

Russ

Personally, I don't like air con. I know I live in a temperate climate, but even when I'm overseas it has to be really hot before I consider using it - I'm talking well over 40 deg C. I find it dries out my eyes and throat. Practically ever car I have had over the past 30 years has had air con fitted, and I only use it briefly to cool the car when it's been standing in the sun, or to prevent steam up in the winter if clothing is wet.

Come visit me in August. I do a lot of my work outside, and I tough it out, but I CAN NOT sleep if I am hot. I crank the AC thermostat way down when I go bed.

CD

Personally, I don't like air con. I know I live in a temperate climate, but even when I'm overseas it has to be really hot before I consider using it - I'm talking well over 40 deg C. I find it dries out my eyes and throat. Practically ever car I have had over the past 30 years has had air con fitted, and I only use it briefly to cool the car when it's been standing in the sun, or to prevent steam up in the winter if clothing is wet.
I'm usually the first one to turn the AC on and the last one to turn it off. I start using it in the car as early as March, when it's as cool as 60F/15C, if there's any trace of humidity at all. I just turn the vents away and use the AC as a dehumidifier.

I'm usually the first one to turn the AC on and the last one to turn it off. I start using it in the car as early as March, when it's as cool as 60F/15C, if there's any trace of humidity at all. I just turn the vents away and use the AC as a dehumidifier.
You wouldn't have been happy in my car today. The temp gauge read 29 deg C when I got in it. The aircon stayed off, but the windows came down. Worst bit was that it had been parked facing the sun. Hot, black leather seats and shorts/tee shirt combo = ouch!

I'm the same - in fact I often use it in the car in winter. I've seriously thought about getting air con installed in my downstairs south facing room (which I tend to use mainly). However - the cost seems crazy and its also not exactly discreet. I'm not sure where it could be fitted given this is a Victorian terraced house.

My heat pump is on fan level 3 and set at 25 deg c. It's winter!!

Russ

Another beautiful day. More outside work then taking second doggy to the vet. I have to take them one at a time if I"m going by myself. I"m defrosting chorizo for something. So many choices. :) Chorizo and potatoes is my favorite, with an egg on top. Hmmm should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom