The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere they get damage from props. Cute animals.

Russ
Yes, that's 1 of the reasons we have so many "no wake" zones now,

As to cute, kind of like a cow. Interesting fact, they think manatees, dugongs?, which i think are from your part of the world, and their other relatives were the inspiration for the mermaid mythos.

I was driving in Paris; my wife was pretending to read the map. I told her whichever way we go, DO NOT go near the Arc de Triumph again. We were on a 5 or 6 lane one way road. "Turn right at the end", she said. I pulled into the right hand lane. "No, not that right; that right" pointing left. Too late; I was committed. And guess where the right turn took us!

When I am photographing a car, I prefer to move it around between shots to get different angles. Some car owners insist on doing it themselves. Some of them get it when it comes to hand signals. Some of them, I have to stand outside the open driver's window and tell them exactly what to do. With those people, I often give a direction such as, "Turn hard to the right." They then turn to the left, to which I always reply, "Your other right." :facepalm:

BTW, two Yurripean cities I refuse to drive in are Paris and Rome -- especially Rome. It's like a free-for-all.

CD

The last time i was in Rome, I thought i was going to have a heart attack. DD and I had booked a guided tour, but went early as it was her first time and she wanted to spend extra time there for museum hopping, which, of course, required cab rides. From prior experience there, I had told her there was no way we would rent a car or scooters. Cabs were bad enough.

Once again a lot of women reinforce this kind of behavior - they don't let men do anything because they don't clean properly, they store the dishes wrong, they can't soothe the baby, etc,
The indoctrination of stereotypes by women starts a birth, pink, dolls, prams ect. My first wife was a cat walk model. She could not cook and was very proud of her nails so house work was a no no. I did not care, I wore her like an Armani suit.

More good news regarding stepson:

His treatment facility has room for him next tuesday, and it's definite. So instead of Jan 30th, he'll be moving next tuesday. I can't really believe it, my husband is overjoyed. I am just expecting another dissapointment, and will start being happy when he's actually there.
Good news too, is that stepson is exited to go. He wants the treatment, thank the Gods.

His treatment facility has room for him next tuesday, and it's definite. So instead of Jan 30th, he'll be moving next tuesday. I can't really believe it, my husband is overjoyed. I am just expecting another dissapointment, and will start being happy when he's actually there.
Good news too, is that stepson is exited to go. He wants the treatment, thank the Gods.

These are very good news, I’m glad for you all

Great news Windigo!

Mysteries of the Universe, part 495:

There are various buses that run in this town, not service ones, but those taking children to schools. All schools in Scotland are closed, yet these buses still come and go at the usual times. Nobody on board except a driver.

Naturally, we pondered on why this should be. I can only assume that it's some form of contractual obligation that must be met. Just seems plain barmy to me.

Mysteries of the Universe, part 495:

There are various buses that run in this town, not service ones, but those taking children to schools. All schools in Scotland are closed, yet these buses still come and go at the usual times. Nobody on board except a driver.

Naturally, we pondered on why this should be. I can only assume that it's some form of contractual obligation that must be met. Just seems plain barmy to me.

I have seen empty school busses running routes in Frisco, but it is always just before a new school year. The drivers are learning their routes. It usually lasts about a week. Sometimes there is another adult riding in the bus. I assume they are supervisors observing the drivers.

CD

When I am photographing a car, I prefer to move it around between shots to get different angles. Some car owners insist on doing it themselves. Some of them get it when it comes to hand signals. Some of them, I have to stand outside the open driver's window and tell them exactly what to do. With those people, I often give a direction such as, "Turn hard to the right." They then turn to the left, to which I always reply, "Your other right." :facepalm:

BTW, two Yurripean cities I refuse to drive in are Paris and Rome -- especially Rome. It's like a free-for-all.

CD

Imagine being in a tour van in Bali and sitting in the back, and watching in slow motion as the driver turns right in front of oncoming motor cycles that you watch smash into your van. Then the ensuing arguments from all involved. And getting back to your hotel.

Russ

Perth had over four inches, or eleven centimetres if you prefer, of snow yesterday. The city is only about 35 miles north of us, but we seem to have been spared thus far. However, the Met Office is warning of another "Beast from the East" being imminent.

Hatches down, chaps...

I have only smoked 3 cigarettes today. I just had my coffee after lunch and the fourth one is calling me....

Anyway, I'm trying to cut down on my smoking. Not that I've ever been a real smoker, but I do indulge in a few every now and then.

And I should also cut down on the chocolate a bit. I'll do that as soon as I finish the stash I made yesterday :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom